OLTL: TV Guide interview with Valentini & Carlivati

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guza delights in making controversial statements that piss off readers to no end. But gosh darn it the man's interviews ARE enlightening about HIS view of the characters and stories. RC is like that politician who speaks for 30 minutes saying absolutely nothing. Does he discuss why he wrote twin wtds and why the fathers are so important, heck no.

• Members

I'm not sure if they're that far off. It's tough to forget great moments in interviewing like RC talking about how the KAD story was done to remind us Todd wasn't the only man who raped Marty. Guza is as dishonest as anyone -- who can forget when he actually claimed that Brook Lyn and Skye were there to build up the Quartermaine family, a family Guza has always despised and should just admit to it IMO. They went on to have about three scenes with the Quartermaines.

• Members

For some reason, I cannot access this link from my laptop. Do Carlivati and Valentini address the issue of too many newbies?

IMO that is the main problem that is wrong with OLTL. I tune in once in a while and don't always see people I recognize. And that makes me tune out again. I'm also not the biggest fan of the teens (Langston is overexposed, for a start). If they could cut the non-BuchLordCramerManning dead weight, it would be a solid start.

• Members

There way too many teens. But I don't have any real problems with the newbies. I actually like most of the newbies since I'm bored to death of Todd, Tea, Dani, Eli, Blair, John, Jessica, Natalie, Brody, Starr, Langston, and Cole. I'm bored of everything on the show revolving around Tea, Todd, Dani, Starr, John, etc. However at the end of the day its the severely lackluster re-tread writing & recycled stories that are killing OLTL. It does not matter which characters are showcased(vets or newbies) as long as the audience hates the writing and stories. There's no point in watching a show if you have zero interest in the stories being presented for the characters on the canvas. It's the planning, writing, and execution of the stories that need a vast improvement on OLTL.

Archived