Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ah, sorry, I misread your original post.  I see what you were asking now.  Others may be more helpful but, as I just watched all that exists of 1985 (that I could find) last year, I"ll do my best.  October 16 is on the Lily and Holden DVD set and still has Marie in it. I don't think the episode where she dies exists on YouTube, IIRC. Doing a search for "ATWT 1985" will bring up the few videos that exist of that time. Several people have put them into playlists.  

I took a break from writing this and went to my ATWT 40th Anniversary Scrapbook - it states that Marie died on the evening of the Halloween party that year. I know 11-1-85 exists on YouTube so I'd check that out first.  Good luck!

• Members

Regarding Marisa Tomei: I remember at the time thinking how special she was as an actress, and that she would go far (I know it sounds like hindsight, but it's true). She was especially magnetic when things were going bad for her. (her relationship with her shrew mother, her rape accusations against Bob). She also fit well in the teen scene back then. Unlike a former poster, I did not care for her involvement with Stuart at all. First, I thought the actor was not very good, and second,it was too much of a fairy tale that didn't fit in with the Marcy Saga. 

• Members

I really appreciate how steady a career Bryce has built over the decades. He had been in Homeland and The Good Fight recently.

Over the summer, I did a binge-watch of Sex And The City (I had never seen the last season and a half, so I decided to start from the beginning and go straight through) and I realized that he appeared on the very first episode.

It's good that he's gotten a steady stream of acting gigs, even if they're guest spots.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Hunt Block was the best Craig. His performance during Brynats death was unbelievable. Couldn’t stand Bryce return for the most part... not necessarily a comment on him. Mostly Goutman BS. though Jean and team wrote indiv great scenes with him and Liz Hubberd esp in the beg of his return

• Members

Wow!  I've never seen someone else on this board who loves HB as Craig!! IMO, he was absolutely fantastic. Brilliant even! He had chemistry with every woman they paired him with. He was sexy as hell. He's a great actor and he really took the role and ran with it. And yes, he (and the entire cast) knocked it out of the park with Bryant's death storyline.

Now that I've watched what exists of SB's Craig in his first run up to '87, I can understand that, if someone grew up with him, and was already particularly enamored with his portrayal of the role, they would have an issue with HB. It is rare that any of us like a replacement actor when we have become attached to a particular person playing a role. For instance, I'm so attached to ED as Margo that every other actress just seems to be "playing" Margo to me. However, I enjoy both SB and HB in the role of Craig. 

And I agree - Liz and Hunt could go at it with the best of them. I absolutely adored watching the two of them together and look forward to getting back to the time of the show. I should get there around 2024.  LOL