OLTL: Suspicious Facebook Status

• Members

Source: Daytime Confidential

OLTL's Kassie DePaiva's Facebook Status: "It's Good to be Blair!!! Love Both my Todds!"

By Jamey Giddens on September 24, 2010

One Life to Live's Kassie DePaiva just sent the interwebs into a frenzy with the following Facebook update:

"It's good to be Blair!!! Love both my Todds!"

Now, a quick look at DePaiva's earlier posts reveals she had been reminiscing via You Tube, posting old Todd and Blair clips from when Roger Howarth was in the part. Could it simply have been a cyber stroll down memory's lane, or was Soap Opera Network on to something when they reported setsiders had informed them that Howarth was "returning to the ABC soap in the near future" and would be seen onscreen as "early as December or January"?

Soap Opera Digest columnist Carolyn Hinsey all but debunked the rumor, when she answered back with this on her Facebook page to readers asking about SON's story last month:

"Seriously, stop with the Howarth misinformation here please. He is not coming back to OLTL. Case closed.

And now, not to leave Hinsey out on a ledge by her lonesome. I too checked with my moles who said SON's story was bunk, and that Howarth had turned the show down, however One Life to Live was desperately hoping he would change his mind. So, yeah, what IS the deal with Howarth?! All I gotta say is whatever goes down, Trevor St. John better STAY Todd! Also, if Howarth does make it back on set in time to wipe snowflakes off Blair's nose, then I will lead a blog post with "SOAP OPERA NETWORK GOT IT RIGHT BITCHES!" and have Luke put it at the top of the page for one full day.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its not a spoiler update, she was getting hell from fasn trying to make her pick what todd she liked more because she had been looking at old yt clips.

i am sure oltl wants RH back (why, idk) but he prob doesnt want too, or wants more money. i know all saops fans like to think no soap actor can turn downa saop role, but that isnt true.

but it also wouldnt surprise me, kdv is awful at keeping secrets. she let it slip in Nashville when i met her that was walker was really todd BEFORE he even aired, lol.

• Members

Joking, of course. KDP does nothing without studio approval. Next to Erika Slezak she is one of the most disciplined company people in soaps that I've ever seen. We can make our own Internet moral judgments about that choice, but I really don't have time for any of it; the fact is she's stayed employed. If she is the one doing this, there must be a reason.

• Members

Everybody and their mother was leaking that, though. It came out before he aired, IIRC, and on the Datalounge. It was seen as so crazy that at that time no one believed it. In the months before the official reveal OLTL practically held a floor show proclaiming it in the press.

Archived