All:Trailer Park Princesses?

• Members

The Queen of Trailer Trash on soaps is none other then Reva Shayne of GL! Loud abrasive and when she first came on the show, a woman with a chip on her shoulder, who later, once she got some money and prestige, thought her sh*t didn't stink, but everyone else's did! Add to that her hillbilly of an illegitmate sister, played to shrill and grating fashion by Laura Wrigth, an father who looked like he stunk of cheap cigarettes and cheaper booze, a brother who sported an actual mullet, and you have a trailer park family of epic proportions.

Add to that her later, uh, weight gain, and general sloppiness, her flabby arms flipping around in wife beaters, and her general look of needing a bath, and you have the Queen herself.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trailer Park Boys was a hit here - or specifically the Maritimes - because it reminded us of our cousins a little too well (the show was actually filmed just around the corner from where my in-laws live, and one of the stars went to highschool with my BIL). But it didn't have what it took to be a long term serial drama.

However, a drama set in a location primarily inhabiting poorer families would be interesting. The problem seems to be that the allure of American soaps is how we can always rub shoulders with the uber-rich, no matter where we start. I don't know if the general audience could put up with the grit for long.

Archived