GH: Possible Cast Cuts Looming?

Wendy

• Members

I found this at SZ which comes from SOD:

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/11668372

Things we know and shouldn't tell you in SOD:

Sources say there are cast cuts on the horizon and in related GH news, rumors are swirling that another round of budget cuts will result in several heads rolling this fall

Hmm. If true...bye, Jason Cook! Bye, Brianna Brown. Bye...Lisa LoCicero? Bye...Nancy Lee Grahn. :(

All just guesses on my part, but they seem plausible.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The report about BBr signing "recently" per SOD or SID was wrong, which she addressed on Twitter. (I guess mags aren't into fact checking anymore. They based the "recently" on BBr being added to the new credits and never the old, not taking into account ABC is lazy.) She signed last December for a year, so it is actually almost up. And, trust me, I am ready for Lisa to say sayonara.

• Members

Oh, and I don't see Kelly Monaco leaving for two reasons: The network seems to like her and Sam is Jason's ride or die chick and a way to give him a girlfriend who accepts his crap with the least effort involved.

Because ABC seems to be pimping S&B, so I can see Sam staying to say Jason really does like girls. :P

• Members

Hmm. I could see Scott Reeves going. He is on contract but is a glorified extra (see Jason Cook).

GH has a ton of cast not used.

Sadly, with Leslie Charleson put on recurring, I can see Jane Elliott next, since the Qs are pretty much nonexistent. Hmm...and maybe Nathan Parsons and Annie Ilonzeh should be worried.

• Members

Marcil has actually caused a ratings drop, amazingly, so I don't know how many will be cut for her sake, especially since she won't stay around.

I would guess that trash like Brook Lyn and fringe characters like Johnny (along with already mentioned Matt) would go. And Maya, who was set up to fail anyway. Scott Reeves is BFF with Steve Burton and that's likely all that matters in terms of employment.

• Members

Tracy isn't a real Quartermaine anymore, she's a Spencer and that protects her.

I can seen AI going - Maya isn't working as a character.

I can see JC going - Days needs Shawn, which might be a great cover story but the reality is Matt just falls flat and

I can see BBr going - what more can the do with her once she's tried to destroy the most beloved character of all times outside of Lila Quartermaine?

The way the show seems to be shaking out, if you are a Spencer or Corrinthos, or closely linked to either family then you're fine. So by definition I wouldn't expect any of the Cassidine/Davis family to go nor JOlivia. The Scorpio/Drake family is on shaky ground with the exception of Maxie, but I think considering they are fan favourites so long as KMc stays as Robin, Mac/Patrick should be safe. Jax is needed to keep Carly in a pairing, so IR is safe.

Really, there isn't much wiggle room when you think about it, so unless one of the central linking characters decides to leave on their own, I can't see any others going. The Webbers are the wildcards.

Archived