August 16-20, 2010

Toups

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Comme ci, comme ca. Not exactly what I want to see for AMC but they're up from last year and I'll take any plus sign I can get.

I can't help but notice that the ratings have started to plateau and/or drop now that the Fronsian elements are back on the frontburner: Kendall, Ryan Greenlee; Ryan acting like a controlling caveman to save defenseless Greenlee from David's evil clutches; the move away from business-centered stories like Fusion, and the sound of the bus revving up as it prepares to run over David and Madison in order to reanimate the zombie known as Rylee. Take note ABC.

It looks like the return of Brenda may work out after all.

• Members

I know, it's a shame. Fords are not even the best cars, but they are worse as TV characters. I'm really hoping they have some type of plan after ATWT leaves the air. They need to give us get back to basics.

...and damn, even though I don't like AMC, I'm not happy ATWT beat them in HH. Sheesh.....

• Members

Poor OLTL? They are in great shape, as they returned to "the stories our audience wants to see".

I think OLTL basically told their male viewers to F__K off some time ago. OLTL being dead last in male viewers is probably the most appropriate piece of data on that entire list. People say male viewers don't count, but the numbers tell a different story. Unless I am reading that chart wrong, Y&R has more male viewers than viewers in the coveted 18-49 female demo. Which makes you wonder if perhaps these soaps are lusting after the wrong audience, or not lusting after enough demos.

• Members

It's goes without saying. There are on too much. The fact is, I don't dislike James as much as I dislike Bobby. He's been on it's seems like every single day for the past couple of weeks. I wonder what his episode count is like right now. It's too much of a not so good thing.

• Members

Love that ATWT is ahead in Total Viewers over AMC and OLTL. It's closing in on Days too. ATWT is #2 in 12-17 category.:o They beat other soaps in various catgories as well.

GH....Brenda's return is a bust! The ratings are actually about the same as last week. The only reason GH is up this week is because last week they counted a repeat.

OLTL numbers are atrocious! Yeah, the Kish guys made OLTL hit low ratings.:rolleyes: The Ford brothers numbers are even worse than supposedly Kish's.

• Members

I didn't think of that. You're right. I hope that money was worth it...

I actually think OLTL has gotten a little better the past few weeks but if people just tune in and see the Edsels and tune back out I can't blame them.

• Members

They had me as a viewer with Kish and Todd/Tea pairing. They dumped Kish...add Ford brothers....yeah hot bods...but they would have to be shirtless 24/7 for me to watch cause they suck as actors. We now have the Ford brothers with Mama..and the whole lame pregnancy storylines..!'

Lame ass stories/hunky beef [!@#$%^&*] actors= failure!

I forget that other story with Blair and her new beau..another doozy of a bad story.

Yes Todd and Tea are still on but their story is so contrived!!

Archived