AMC: YaYa DaCosta shares cover of newly revamped 'W'

• Members

Looks like a star is born! AMC's loss is Hollywood's gain.

http://www.fashionologie.com/First-Look-Stefano-Tonchis-September-2010-W-10032562#read-more

4049abd5b59f1fe5_cess_actresses_12_h.xxlarge.jpg

Featured on the three triple-page foldout cover: Kat Dennings (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Kenneth Branagh's upcoming Thor), Jessica Chastain (Terrence Malick's upcoming The Tree of Life), Yaya DaCosta (The Kids Are All Right, Tron: Legacy), Greta Gerwig (Greenberg), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone, the upcoming X-Men: First Class), Emma Roberts, and Zoe Kravitz.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, don't forget Zoe Kravitz!

Just thought I'd give a shout-out to a former soap actress (albeit briefly) who seems to be on a roll at the moment. :) It would be nice if Tanisha Lynn and Davetta Sherwood land something high profile, too.

• Members

No, it's good to see. I didn't like her on AMC but I always like to see soap actors move on, especially soaps actors of color. Plus she started as a model so it's very cool that she gets the cover of a revamped fashion magazine.

I didn't mean to leave off Zoe Kravitz. Honestly, I don't even know who most of these women are.

• Members

Oh, Naomi. *sigh* I was a kid when the glamazon Supermodels ruled the roost. Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, Christy :wub: Linda :wub: Helena :wub: Carla (LOL), Nadja, Kate... So much beauty, so many shapes, sizes, colors, types of beauty.

When people are that naturally blessed, it is easy to overlook the fact that they might be soulless nit-wits. Which Naomi amply proved with her nonsensical blood diamonds testimony (c'mon! she knew those "pebbles" were diamonds, payment for 'services rendered') and snooty comments about having to testify being "terrible inconvenience" for her. Poor dear. I'm sure it was a "terrible inconvenience" for the parents of those children in Sierra Leone who were kidnapped from their homes to become physically and emotionally scarred child-soldiers. Unfortunately, they don't get the media coverage she does.

As a supporter of Nelson Mandela's charities and foundations, this twit should know better.

Archived