DAYS: Actress FIRED!

• Members

Stacy Haiduk has released a statement on her Facebook page, saying that she has been dropped from Days of Our Lives, and before she has even started airing!

For all you guys out there who were all set to watch me on DAYS I have some bad news. DAYS has dropped me. It all started when I booked a guest spot on a new show for FOX, RIDE-ALONG. The show will shoot in Chicago and I have to leave town for that. There was a conflict in scheduling so FOX pushed me to their second week. But when ONE day was still in conflict, instead of working things out DAYS decided to drop me.

I have shot 3 episodes. I am sure they will still air them. I am disappointed. My agents told me they will be recasting the part.. That is the news I received today. I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone for your love and support. Love Stace

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In other news, Y&R announces that Stacy Haiduk will be returning to the show as Patty Williams/Emily Peterson before she even stops airing! LMAO. She'll be fine and I wont be surprised if she ends up somewhere else soon. It would be crazy if Y&R took her back after nearly losing her to another show

• Members

I like Stacy, I really do, but some of those comments confuse me. What "media buzz" does Stacy have? Other than photos on Go Fug Yourself? A STUFFED CAT got more attention from the press than Stacy did.

This was a short term role. DAYS fired her because schedules clashed. This isn't exactly shocking is it? Did people expect that she was going to go in there and be a star and DAYS was going to rise? She didn't do a whole lot to help Y&R's ratings, and that was when she was heavily featured on the show.

I'm sure a good role is out there for her but DAYS wasn't going to be it no matter what. Getting so upset over this type of thing doesn't do her any favors. The upset should have been when they completely butchered Patty Williams.

• Members

Stacy has updated her FB, saying:

I have shot 3 episodes. I am sure they will still air them. I am disappointed. My agents told me they will be recasting the part.. That is the news I received today. I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone for your love and support. Love Stace

• Members

Will be interested in seeing who they re-cast her with. Man I was really looking forward to seeing her in action on DAYS, i will savor those 3 episodes she taped. Hopefully she finds another soap to go to, did she end on good terms with AMC? I would love if she came back to the show, as nuSkye Chandler.

I wish it was about the new Gabi!

• Members

I think they took one look at what they were paying her, then hired and underfive, got more commitment and dedication and for all intents and purposes the same kind of performance that they needed.

Not to say Stacy Haiduk is as good as an underfive because she is talented, but that for the role of a warden, that's all you need.

Archived