ABC Words Related to School

All My Shadows

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, late as hell :lol: But I didn't have a car either! I got one a week before graduation, but I felt SO CHEATED because for years, I wanted to bask in the coolness of pulling up in student parking, subtly showing off my wheels, etc. I think if I had a car, I would have had more of a romance life in high school LOL

PE detention

• Members

I know, sometimes I do wish I had more of the classic high school movies type of experience, the car, the sweatshirts, the parties, the homecoming game/float type stuff. My crowd, we were artsy and ironic.

What exactly is PE detention, I mean, I have a guess.

Quizzes, Pop

• Members

I had a lot of that type of stuff...my school was very big on school pride/spirit, and I was in band, too, so it was lots of fun most of the time! I have to say, I had no boyfriends but that doesn't mean young AMS didn't have some naughty fun. A car would have helped elevate me to about a 5 on the Erica Kane scale :lol: PE detention is basically like regular recess/lunch detention, but instead of writing a crapload of stuff, you have to do a crapload of cardio...running, jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, etc. I never had to do it, because I was a good little boy!

Red Ribbon Week

• Members

:o What is this, boot camp?? My lazy ass would have minded every p and q to avoid that. Actually, I did get I.S.S. (in-school suspension) once because I failed to attend the detention I got for being late one morning. It was so bizarre. We just sat silent in the auditorium all day doing homework (yeah right, those bunch of derelicts sat poppin' gum and sleeping). They moved us like prisoners silently through the halls to the cafeteria so we could get our lunch. I do believe that children should know their role, but damn, sometimes I wish I could go back and give people a piece of my mind.

School Spirit! :P

• Members

Well, MOST people didn't get PT (we called it PT for "physical training"). Only those who really f'd up had the pleasure of going to the gym at recess and working up a sweat. We had two gyms, and the one they did PT in had windows that opened into the main hallway we'd be in at recess, so it was almost a little light lunchtime entertainment for the rest of us :lol: We had ISS as well, but I only remember it from middle school, not so much in high school though.

Teacher's Edition textbooks

Archived