All: What If................

• Members

LOL I have thought about this as well! It's so sad that it almost seems that the only way to erase all the unbelievable damage that has been done is to make the last four years a dream. I tend to think that, if that were to happen, the show's ratings and credibility (such as it is) would go diving (much like what happened to DALLAS). Then again, daytime audiences have been known to accept the mozt bizzare, unbelievable things. lol But, I admit, it's tempting. :P

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Careful now. :ph34r: I swear I read in SOD that Jaime Lyn Bauer was also an early consideration for Stephanie (Lance and Laurie 2.0) but I can't seem to corroborate that.

Speaking of that timeslot, it's sad yet interesting to think how Carolyn Jones' passing launched a second wind soap career for Marj Dusay.

• Members

I've read that too, about Jaime. I think she said she turned it down? I can't remember. I actually think she would have been a good Stephanie, although she would have looked too young to be Ronn Moss's mother.

• Members

I think that probably would have happened, or she would have been squeezed out like Strasser was. There's another part where I wonder if she might have been someone, in spite of her not fitting his bimbo quota, he zeroed in on for big melodramatic stories (since Judith was great at those) like Erika Slezak, Andrea Evans, Fiona Hutchinson. Of course Judith career-wise was probably best off leaving, I just sometimes think there was a lot more of Karen to tell.

• Members

Carl, with Judy on her Emmy-winning streak I wonder if Llanview would have been big enough for her and Slezak. I could see her encroaching upon the lead heroine territory. It's best that she left, best indeed. I would have loved some Gottlieb/Malone era Judith Light, what if she had been Sloane's previous lady friendinstead of whatshername (Dorothy?).

Archived