All: What If................

• Members

You know, I tend to dislike this notion that LOVING lived and died by its' timeslot. LOVING could've aired after GH in most markets and still have been successful if Doug Marland and Agnes Nixon had not fallen out over the show's direction. IMO, LOVING died, not b/c it wasn't on at the right time, but b/c Nixon foolishly wanted to revamp it into "AMC-lite" when the show was doing just fine under Marland's vision.

Nola would've swatted Iva away like the gnat that she was, then gone about her business. (Sorry, Marland. It had to be said. LOL.)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No way would DAYS have survived such a massive pruning of its' cast. One look at the post-SSK DAYS, and viewers would have been scared away for good.

I'd come closer to saying Isabella would've become DAYS' new lead heroine.

• Administrator

Yeah, Corday admitted in the book that in Reilly's pitch all the dead were coming back, Alice would be the last one, and Marlena was the killer. Now, there could've been more deaths (like Celeste) because, and this is my speculation, everyone came back earlier than expected (Corday panicked like you said). I believe that the dead were suppose to come back in August for the Olympic break cliffhanger, which would've been one whole year since the SSK storyline started. Then year 2 would've been the discovery and rescue.

DAYS wouldn't been as boring from March 03-August 03. LOL

Yup! Renewal and Reilly were a package deal.

• Members

Word. It's like that episode of "The Golden Girls" where they're all at that murder-mystery weekend. Dorothy has cleared Blanche of Kendall Nesbitt's seemingly real murder, except -- sacre bleu -- Kendall Nesbitt isn't really dead after all!

Blanche: I was in on [the fake murder], too!

Dorothy: Oh, you were not.

Blanche: I know, I just hate being the butt of jokes.

• Members

Other than Maggie, Victor, and MAYBE Caroline and Jack none of the characters that died during that time hold any relevance now. Had they killed Mickey instead, I would have been cool with it. John Clarke wanted to leave the show anyways, and tried to save Suzanne Rogers' job, by asking them to kill Mickey off. I think the show could have survived had different turns had been taken, but with the way it did turn out it would have killed DAYS no doubt.

• Members

Khan: I love your outlook on the soaps and enjoy reading your comments!

On GL....

What if there had been no San Cristobal and no Santos Mafia?

What if Claire Labine had total freedom to write what she wanted with no interference from the higher ups?

What if there hadn't been a Reva clone and a trip though a painting?

• Members

But it's just so difficult to believe Bea Reardon would give up even one of her children. I mean, she had, like, twenty-eight of them all living in the same boarding house; yet, she raised them all (and mostly w/o a father).

Archived