Worst Storylines

• Members

Geez that is awful (and what was Blair even doing at that time to make Asa want to kill her, if he was going to kill her wouldn't it have been when they were married). I don't think Carlo ever had a decently written return, aside from his one or two day stint when Tonja Walker left. I know some people have said Ivan Kipling's returns weren't great either. I guess with these types of villains you are better off just showing them one time only.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree, after the Salem Stalker storyline (which WAS the worst storyline on earth...) Melaswen was just what was needed, a lighthearted romp instead of having to watch people get bludgeoned to death, and an old lady chock on a donut..(I have never in my soap watching seen a writer plain face show how much he hated certain characters then this storyline, which involved no one mourning and jokey killings. ) I actually thought it was an interesting premise and a kind of in joke on soaps, and especially Days, fetish with back from deaths and people stranded on islands. Having the "dead," watch their loved ones go about their lives without them, fall in love, etc. was interesting and made you kinda like the sicko who was behind it all and torturing them (until the lameass reveal on who it was and how he did it.) I don't usually like camp but that storyline was so giddly stupid and knew it that you coulndt help but love it (and I still think was the inspiration for LOST, people trapped on an island, everyone else thinking they were dead, were they dead actaully, throwing in everything and the kitchen sink on the island and none of it made any sense either.)

And you gotta love good old Alice Horton, drugged, sent in a coffin to a tropial island.. enduring a hurricane and a sunami and acting like it was all a day at the beach!

• Members

Asa was after Blair because of a stupid subplot from the Malone II era, where she and Todd had briefly gaslit him and stolen the Buchanan mansion out from under him. In early '05, Asa abducted Blair (right after she'd been abducted for months by Margaret Cochran) and locked her up in an out of state looney bin as revenge. When he was found out, he fled the country - this was literally planned to be Phil Carey's final exit from the show as per Dena Higley, until the fans rebelled and ABCD came to terms with him. When Asa returned, he was overseas, meeting with Carlo, promising to let bygones be bygones between them if Carlo would take care of Blair. Which led to Carlo's brief return as the evil custodian, and then, a year or so later, the horrible Statesville prison riot story.

I liked his last return until the very end. The problem is the huge loose end of him still being out there, hunted by Antonio and the feds.

Archived