AMC: 2 Vets Out for Summer

• Members

The new SOD reports that Walt Willey will be off the show for an entire 13 week cycle this summer, coinciding with Susan Lucci's summer vacation... which was extended significantly in order to get her to agree to stay with the show in LA. So I take it SL is out for 13 weeks as well.

I guess they will keep Caleb busy with Krystal for a while. Which is of zero interest to me.

No Susan Lucci, no David Canary, and the summer is never a good time for AMC....all I can say is this Angie story better be freaking amazing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got the impression there won't be any pre-taping.

Re: TG, I thought he took 3 months as well, but I just read he's taking 1.5 months this year.

I wonder what WW thinks about the fact that TPTB see no use for him if SL isn't there. If anything he's more needed IMO, just for that added familiar face on the canvas.

I'm not sure how much longer they will be airing so there could still be several weeks of building the Erica/Caleb dynamic. At the very least they still need to do Palmer's will-reading before Susan leaves.

As for them reuniting and leaving together, sounds like it. Long story short Erica accepts Jack's proposal but the whole time she's thinking about Caleb :rolleyes: (I do like Erica/Caleb, but I also like Erica/Jack enough that this does not sit well with me at all). They probably leave town for some together-time (or maybe it has something to do with Palmer's will) and then when they get back Caleb will probably immediately be thrown in and create problems. So TPTB can say they put Jack and Erica back together and gave them some happiness, but it will all be off-screen.

• Members

This really sucks. WTH is AMC going to do with the rest of the cast for that entire time? It is so small, and full of newbies. AMC really needs to bring in more characters from the past, and maybe some new ones. Hopefully the Chandler's get story that will carry viewers through the Summer without it being to boring. And maybe, just maybe, Angie's storyline will be a hit.

I also think Caleb and Krystal could be great together. Lol people already judging them, they haven't met yet! Or maybe they have :P

• Members

It sucks that Susan & Walt will be gone so long, but the bright lining is that they're eventually coming back!

My guess storywise is that Erica is so traumatized when she's rescued that Jack takes her somewhere romantic (most likely Paris) where she can relax in civilization.

It looks like Bianca will have to hold down the fort at Fusion until Kendall returns.

Wasn't there a spoiler a while back about some more Cortlandts coming on? Not that I want a batch of new characters, but hopefully they'll have some interesting stories and I think I read that Opal was going to mentor them so at least she should get some airtime.

Personally, Angie's story, JR/Annie and Tad/Liza/Damon Colby will be enough to hold my attention while Erica's away.

• Members

Her or Opal seem like the two logical women I could seem AMC pairing him up with, while Erica is gone. AMC always has to have someone in a relationship, so thats why im assuming. My guess is they will try out him and Krystal

ITA. I'm sure they will hold mine, to.

I hope there is news released soon on when Kendall's coming back. I wonder when AM is going to start taping at the set. Can't wait until shes back. Bianca can hold down Fusion, and I'm sure she will be battling Greenlee non stop along the way ;-).

• Members

Because when the two new writers came out with their storyline ideas, they said that KWAK would be involved with Caleb though they never said how or why. IMO, they have a past, and she could be the woman that hurt him and why he is a total dirty scumbag now. :lol: Honestly, he is more KWAK or Opal's type and has that hillbily thing going ons. I haven't seen a lick of romantic or sexual chemistry between he and Erica, the humping scene included :mad: .

As for J/E, I am a huge fan and it sucks they have Erica even thinking about Grizzly but the writers did say from the start it would be a triangle so I guess we who like them have to suffer. I wonder if Caleb will be seen at all and if so, I'd like to see if he has chemistry with BE/JL instead.

Steve, I love that idea that Jerica go off somewhere together :wub: but without them I don't have much to watch. Guess I'll work on my tan :rolleyes:

Archived