AMC: Thursday 6/3/10

• Members

What majority? Got proof of that?

Glad someone's enjoying them, I find Annie just a one note nut job, Scott is a gomer(or Gumby as some like to call him) and JR I have no use for. JR & Annie have major shades of Babe & JR, and Scott and Annie are Babe and Jamie lite

Sorry but IMO MCE is very overrated as an actress, and Adam Mayfield is okay but all wrong for Scott, and Jacob Young does his best work AWAY from this "triangle"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. The triangle and Erica/Caleb are the main attractions for me right now.

Upthread, there was something about how a Scott/Annie pairing would mean Annie being watered down into a goody two shoes. I have to disagree. If they do it right, a Scott/Annie pairing could be so entertaining. The idea of this shady woman who is unafraid of scheming and plotting to get what she wants with a guy who always tries to play by the rules...it's perfect! Whenever he's too weak to fight for himself, she'll jump in and do what she has to do to get him some happiness. Whenever she's got herself in a big mess, he can jump in and be a voice of reason. I want that so bad for them!

ETA: Annie is NOTHING like Babe.

• Members

Just because JR and Scott have incredible ties to AMC's history (and btw, Scott is Cindy's son by Fred Parker, not Stuart and Marian's), that does not mean they are automatically interesting in and of themselves. On GUIDING LIGHT, Shayne and Marah Lewis were the children of one of the show's all-time biggest supercouples, Josh and Reva. Yet, whenever they weren't on-screen, you hardly ever noticed.

Also...? Annie/Scott/JR might be popular right now w/ AMC's viewers, but look at what else is currently on the canvas. Compared to that other, stanky [!@#$%^&*], it can't help but grab people's attention, lol.

• Members

Just go board to board, or read epi. recaps or podcast from DTC. They are the talk of AMC. The Chandler SL is kicking ass and making ppl want to know what happens next. It's not Jamanda, it's not Erica, it's not DaLee .. it's JR and Scott and Annie and what's to come for the Chandlers and a little w/ Tad and the Martin clan.

• Members

Khan you are on a roll today B)

I'm curious as to what there is that says this triangle is remotely popular? I don't see raves about them in the soap mags, the soap mags don't really seem to give a crap about this and so on and so forth.

Sad when Jack/Erica/Caleb is more interesting than those 3

• Members

Thank you.

IMO, Caleb/Erica ("Calerica"?) is just a rehash of several other Great Love Stories from the Life of Erica Kane. How many times has La Kane crossed paths with some "alpha male" who was eventually bowled over by her after some hesitation? It was classic with Brandon Kingsley, even more so with Mike Roy and Jeremy Hunter; but since then, it's just "lather, rinse, repeat." Even worse, this time, it's tied to one couple (Jack/Erica) whose popularity with fans continues to leave me nonplussed. (Seriously, guys, what are we supposed to see in Jackson Frigging Montgomery?!)

• Members

Shayne and Marah were badly written and they never had actors play the adult characters for a longer period of time. GL was too focused on JONATHAN!!!!! that they forget all about Shayne and Marah who were treated like second class citizens.

As for Marah, I liked Laura Bell Bundy but she was only on for 2 years or so and she was a teen. the other Marah was an idiot.

I liked Jeff Branson as Shayne but it was too late anyway.

One thing I do love about AMC is that they had the balls to write JR (a legacy character) as a bad guy. Most soaps tend to whitewash characters we have seen grow up onscreen or in GL's case, ignore them completely.

Archived