DAYS: Discussion for the month of June

• Members

How did things end up between Eric and Nicole when he left? Other than Nicole and her sister both liking him, and Nicole pretending to have cancer (?), I dont know much about the couple.

I would love for Eric to come back as well as Brandon Walker and Fay Walker. Because other than her forced friendship with Chloe, Nicole has no one. Brandon could be a support system for her, but he would need to stay away from Sami. I would probably put him with Arianna. Eric of course would get with Nicole, which absolutely drive Sami nuts. :lol:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Another stupid show that ends with Daniel/Chloe - "Tell me the truth." %#%$#!!$&&#$

What an underwhelming week. Other than the Kate/Bill/Laura scenes, what a waste of a week. All the scenes about Alice are basically the same, "Oh, she opened her eyes....oh....she smiled.....oh she's resting." And we don't even get to see the scenes "with Alice." Instead, it's "oh, Hope and Jen are upstairs her." And there's only one short flashback for some of the characters.

I swear, next week better blow me away. Next week better make me almost cry. And I want some family scenes - not just at the cemetery. Man, I totally had a different vision of how Alice's death would be told.

*lower your expectations, Toups, lower your expectations*

• Members

There is no reason to at this point, they should have done a story so we could get the real deal about Brady and Chloe's divorce. They could have had Nadia and Eric shoot some "flashbacks", but the fact that they hashed out all their problems in one convo is entirely unrealistic and just lazy.

Oh, and pertaining to the post I said about Eric Brady, he would have fit in much better in the baby switch story. He and Sami were actually close, and it is more believable that he would still be in love with Nicole, then Brady.

• Members

Absolutely agree. I thought we would see people at her bedside talking to her and having flashbacks.

Next week better be good, and I dont want to see none of that Danloe [!@#$%^&*] on the day she dies and her memorial episodes.

• Members

the past days should have been: bedside scenes, Bill sharing childhood memories with Marie. Julie, Hope, and Jennifer raving over who was the favorite granddaughter and Melissa and Sandy (Julia Barr/Robin Mattson) walks in and states they are. Laura and Maggie share fond memories of Mickey, Bill and Doug talks with Will and Nathan about Tom and Alice love, Bill sharing scenes with Kate and Stefano about Will's well being or Bill discussing with Roman and Caroline about Will's living arrangements, Julie and Marie talking with Sami about getting involved with a bad guy and Marie mentions Neil and Alex, Sarah (Natalie Zea) arrive and settle the arguement on who the favorite granddaughter. Julie informing the family that David, Scotty, and Steve send their love and couldn't make it home, Kayla, Kimberly, Carrie, Melissa, and Jennifer encourage Hope to fight for Bo, Lucas and Bill bonding time. Mike and Bill closure for the past, Laura, Julie, Marie, and Maggie reliving christmases past. Carrie confronts Stefano and EJ about Anna.

• Administrator

I know, eh.

I swear, if they're in the memorial episode with their stupid false tags...well...it's going to ruin the episode for me.

Yeah, something like this! Family scenes, have some humour, some good natured arguements, sharing stories, telling the younger generation about Alice. I would've loved to see maybe a family dinner or something everyone is together and laughing and sharing stories. Have characters don't often see together interact. Instead, we got robotic scenes, where everything was the same.

• Members

I love this.

I wish nuBill, Jennifer, and Lucas would stay and make Bill's branch of the Horton family more prevalent in Salem. Ugh, the Hortons should be running this show. I am going to miss them when this over.

Please stay Jenn! :(

• Members

True but those Kate/Bill/Laura scenes were pure AWESOME! They were worth sludging through the rest of the week to get to. But did we really need to see Kate at the bank yesterday in that horrid wig? Couldn't they have just told us that she did it? :rolleyes: I usually whine when things happen off-screen but that was just too absurd to bother with.

I liked Brady confronting Adriana today about not believing him though. That was a good scene.

I've always liked Chloe and her nuttiness but this is getting to be way too much. Either tell Daniel NOW or move on with your life and shut-up about it! I'm in the minority but I really hope her baby isn't Phillip's. I've never gotten the whole Phloe thing and this deep connection they're supposed to have. He treats her like dirt and always has. He really only started liking her after she dolled up her appearance in the red dress and that's one of the reasons she's so damn insecure and appearance-oriented today. They're fine as friends with a complex history or friends with benefits even but as soulmates who've always been meant to be? No, I don't see it. She and Brady? Maybe. She and Phillip? No.

• Members

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad we haven't had bedside scenes. I hate when they do those fakeouts and shoot around something, because I spend the whole scene seeing the camera tricks and thinking about how the person in the bed isn't there. This way, I can at least sort of believe Alice is upstairs.

But I do agree, some diversity in the memories would be nice. A little less "I'm sad/Alice was so wise."

• Members

Agreed. Frances Reid has already passed so the show can hardly be blamed for not presenting everybody's ideal goodbye to Alice. The whole conceit of shooting around a bed makes me drift of to "...how are the actors managing to emote over a pillow/stunt double?" and I don't think that's worth it. Based on my limited experience of dying elderly friends/relatives, the real grieving does take place with other people, not the individual.

That said I'm playing devil's advocate. I think the show's doing an okay job so far and the only really interesting reaction for me has been Kate's.

• Members

Yeah I liked her better with Brady, but not with Eric Martsolf in the road. I want her to have the baby with Philip, because I dont want her to have that connection to Daniel [!@#$%^&*] Jonas. I cant stand him or the Danloe pairing. I dont think giving Phloe a baby makes them soulmates or anything, it is just a way to create conflict in the story. It would be no fun to have the baby be Daniel's. Making it a Phloe baby, will destroy not one, but two horrible couples. :)

Kayla's back! :wub:

• Members

agreed, kate and alice were friends alice knew kate when she first came to salem so why shouldnt she be there to pay her respects mind you the flowers looked cheap to what kate could afford...lol...the only person who should have a problem with Kate is Laura for obious reasons of Bills affair.

• Members

I agree.

I think its been a great tribute. Its an actual story, with real emotions, it feels realisitic, and the flashbacks have been great.

Again, no its not perfect, but what did you all expect? given everything the show has working against them, they are doing it damn well.

Archived