DAYS: Discussion for the month of June

• Members

Good because I want EJ/Arianna and EJole 2.0

The Chloe/Daniel/Carly story should have been put on hold until after all the Alice stuff is done, this story is so boring. Hopefully things get a little exciting once

Yesterday's episode was boring, and I am so tired of this Arianna being framed mess, it sucks that Nicole has to do all of this to get a man. AGAIN. :(

Hopefully the Hortons are back on today. :D

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How exactly do they just put a story as its hitting one climax on hold? Nothing should have been put on hold for the Alice stuff, part of life isd eath and things are not put on hold by it. Furthermore nobody in that story is really connected to Alice so it would be a dumb choice to put on hold for her tribute. They can easily just add in her storyline, as they have done.

Im not too fond of the ari atory, but of course Nicole had to do this. Really, what man would want her? Let alone a man like Brady. But yes, the episode was a bore.

Yes, i wish the hortons could be on everyday. They really do add something the show has been missing. I wish they had never been sidelined for the Brady family.

• Members

They could have easily let Daniel and Chloe get married yesterday, but no they had to have Chloe stop the wedding, and say that she needs to go to confess. I am tired of this story stalling in the same place, even if they couldn't put on hold they still should have gotten married. This story needs to some type of movement, I am just getting bored/frustrated with the same Carly/Chloe, Chloe/Philip, Carly/Melanie, Daniel/Chloe, and Philip/Melanie/Daniel scenes happening over and over again.

• Administrator

I agree. It's been good so far, but I'm not being blown away - I think that could be coming this week and next week (I hope so!). I've never cried for a tv show or movie before, so if DAYS brings me close to crying, then they did it right. I want to see the family members saying goodbye to Alice. Just show them beside her bed.

I hate that we got a break for Alice's story on Monday's ep. Instead we got that stupid Carly/Dan/Chloe story and we got more false tags (Chloe at the end of the episode). This storyline better not be on next week.

• Members

Honestly, the two of them have been on of the bright spots for me while this show has gone stale in the past two months. And really, if anyone like Suzanne Rogers on screen they shouldnt want Molly Burnett gone, because when she goes so does 75% of Maggies screentime. lol.

And i like Dr. Dan, hell id take him over any other male on the show right now, save Rafe, Days' men suck! But they have for the better part of 20 years. Also, i do miss Daniel & Chelsea, they were hot! Esp when they would do it in the locked room.

/im such an odd days fan

• Members

Maybe I'm just an easy target, but I'm really loving the Alice stuff. It's probably the best tribute -- to a deceased performer, a character, and/or a show itself -- that I've seen from a soap at least in the past decade, going back to AW's finale. It feels like a really loving tribute to Days of Our Lives. I like how we're taking our time going around Salem, getting individual memories from characters we know and love. That flashback of Sami and Alice was great to see, because it was so random and you could see so much of the old Sami, as well as how Alice sort of had her number and called her out on not just being able to "make" a man love you. I love that we're getting to see the little scenes of people seeing each other for the first time, of Jen and Sami talking a little about Lucas, stuff like that. Like I said, maybe I'm an easy customer, but a big part of what I want from "my show" in what I presume are its last years is just that sense of comfort and familiarity.

That said, can we STOP with the drawn-out Chloe/Daniel [!@#$%^&*]? Good grief. I don't hate the story, but it's like three weeks of material being stretched over three months. We're two steps away from Daniel walking into every scene and declaring, "I know what's going on here!!!"

• Members

For the most part, I agree with you except that I don't think that the Chloe/Daniel/Carly climax absolutely had to happen right now. It could've been delayed, especially since they had months to plan the timing of Alice's onscreen passing. But the biggest problem with the ONS story in the first place is that it's so horribly paced. The nuts and bolts aren't that bad, it's just being dragged out at the weakest points and went way too fast through the crucial set-up phases.

I'm with you, for the most part I like Daniel and Melanie. Any distaste I have for Melanie is very recent since her silly obsession with Chloe's worthiness popped up and I wish it had taken a lot longer for she and Carly to bond and work through Melanie's resentment. There needed to be more of that and we also needed to see Melanie learn about her family roots and all it's twisted history, including her brother.

I thought Dan & Chelsea never actually did it, just came close. They were kinda hot though.

I've enjoyed it. It isn't perfect but hell I sat through the last two years of GL, so the Hortons mourning Alice is like freaking Ibsen to me!

Yeah the pacing is what's killing it. The story itself is meat-and-potatoes soap opera but they've got it backwards pacing-wise. They sprinted through the set-up but are dragging out the tedious plot points of the mid-section.

Archived