Y&R: Former AMC & GL Actor Joins Show

Guest dc cubs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Carl, just curious as to what you meant by hot stuff?? As a former victim of domestic violence I don't find it hot stuff at all. I lived it first hand for 4 1/2 years and was actually in the process of getting out of the marriage when that storyline was airing. I could relate to what the character of Maggie was going through, as I had the stuffing (to put it nicely) beaten out of me, had an ex husband who exhibited total control of my life, who I associated with and what I did, had a miscarriage after being thrown down a flight of stairs by him, not to mention having my nose broken, jaw cracked etc at his hands during our marriage.

Please know, I'm not looking to start drama I was just curious as to what you meant

• Members

I'm sorry that I worded that so poorly. I was being sarcastic. Domestic violence is a nightmare.

I think the people who run Y&R now see men abusing women as being hot and daring and strong and all the rest. I still remember how Katherine told Nikki that Victor berating her and telling her she needed to die was just his way of showing love.

I was talking about their views of men and women, or what I see as their views.

Archived