ATWT news: Noelle Beck dropped to recurring

• Members

They need to save money with the return of Gwen, Iris, Will and whoever else. Also, as already pointed out, her contract probably ran out. With Meg and Paul done taping, it is pretty clear that there will be no resigning of anyone. I do expect Martha Byrne to be back at the end. Beck never made the role her own and Goutman probably blames her (not himself) for the cancellation. You can always count on him to be a DICK. This, or maybe Molly and Holden are the end game and Lilly will barely be seen.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just feel that at this point such contractual issues are no longer newsworthy, and yes, even roll your eyes comical/insulting to the actors involved. If it's the show that's freely releasing this information, why is it necessary to tell the world that with only a scant few months left you aren't resigning certain actors? Certainly doesn't make them look too good. "Let's call in Noelle Bek for this new role./" <_< Hmmmm... they wouldn't even resign her for those last coupla months at World." It's not even that deep, but you know how people's minds work, I just don't see it as necessary.

• Members

LOL! Why drop her to recurring if the show is over in September and finishes taping in June?

Maybe they are trying to get Martha back for the end.

I am one of those who "never gave her a chance." She was never Lily Walsh and could never be.She is one of the reasons I stopped watching. That and the crappy writing and pacing of the storylines!

• Members

Odds are her contract was up or was at an out and she will just keep on working until the end with a difference in how shes paid. Who knows tho. I really wouldnt be surprised if this happened more in the coming weeks. Esp if a contract is up, cuz whats the point of drafting up a new one?

I can say as a Noelle fan that if they can get Martha back for the finale the should.

• Members

I like Nicole Beck's Lily more than I ever did Martha Byrne's. But Heather Rattray was playing the part when I started watching ATWT, so MB has always been the recast. Another thing, I have a hard time thinking this Lily would ever have even entertained the thought of sending Luke to Camp Gayaway.

Archived