AMC/OLTL Baby Switch Questions

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never understood this yearning for redemption for a given character. In 25 years Adam was never redeemed and I don't remember DC ever wanting him redeemed. Not every character needs to be Bianca, and what is weird is when most actors say what the most fun roles are, they all say the villians. Stefano DiMera, Scotty Baldwin...how many classic soap characters have there been that are not redeemed and suffered not a bit because of it?

• Members

IIRC, Paul (and maybe Kelly via Paul's phone call) was the only OLTL character who appeared on AMC that day. I didn't even watch the OLTL hour once I realized that none of the AMC people were gonna be on. There were more crossovers in the non-crossover episodes of both soaps than in the supposed "mind-blowing event."

A random observation: those babies in the ad aren't the babies they used on the show, are they? I remember Ace/Little A having an exceptionally large head that was occasionally discussed on SON.

• Members

Yup. When you hear words such as "an unprecedented television event" and "tune in when All My Children and One Life to Live become ONE SHOW..." you don't immediately go "Oh. AMC will turn over to OLTL without a commercial break between the shows."

Archived