AMC/OLTL Baby Switch Questions

• Members

With Kelly back on OLTL, I decided to read up on her history and found out about her being pregnant, and all the drama that ensued after it (AMC/OLTL babyswitch.)

I had some questions about the storyline. Becuase I couldn't find a good summary.

So who switched the babies?

How did the truth unravel?

Did the AMC/OLTL actors appear on the other show?

What were the character interactions (if any) between the two shows?

I may have some more, but that is all for now.

Thanks! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Paul Cramer, the brother she never knew she had.

Ill let someone else get this. Too much to think about

Yep. From OLTL, John, Dorian, Kevin, Kelly, Asa, Paul all appeared on AMC. From AMC, Babe, Bianca, Krystal, David, Jamie, Adam, Opal.

When Babe appeared on OLTL, Roxy almost got into a catfight with her bc Babe (who was a newbie at the time) called her a bitch. Roxy confused her with a hooker bc she saw Babe getting close to Paul at the hotel

When Opal crossed over to AMC, she interacted with David and told him about Babe. I beleive he was digging up dirt on Paul and found out they were married. He was fliring wit her, but then Dorian appeared and got jealous. Apparently Opal and Dorian know each other.

John went over to AMC to question Babe about Paul. I beleive he went missing (this was prior to his death)

Dorian went to AMC and had some chemistry with Adam as she met him at the mansion. I cant remember what they were discussing.

Babe, Paul, Jamie and Kelly crossed over alot during this as they were the msot integral characters

For the most part, the rest crossed over during the trial. The shows became one and would finish and start with each other with the scenes blending seamlessly

You should chekc Youtube. The OLTL end wasnt as good, but it was a great story on AMC

Dorian arrives at the Chandler mansion

JR on OLTL

Babe and Paul, I cant even tell what soap this is

Bianca meets Kevin

• Members

I don't know much about the OLTL end of the story (so much for ABC trying to get fans of each show to watch the other one!), but the truth came out on AMC over the course of about 8-10 months (March-December '04). Krystal learned the truth, didn't do anything; Babe learned the truth in early June and didn't do anything; David learned the truth and didn't do anything. I think those were the three who knew the truth on the AMC side for most of the story, then the whole shebang came out in time for Bianca to get her baby back at Christmas.

And yes, I'm sure I'll get pummeled for this, but that was a f'n engrossing story. Whether or not it can be considered "well-written" (whatever that means), I don't know, but I know for damn sure I wasn't missing an episode of AMC at all during that whole year.

• Members

Yep, it sounds really good. I like the idea of the two shows coming together. I would have loved some Dorian and Erica scenes though. :wub:

I wish ATWT/GL had done something similar to this when they had the chance.

Oh. So this was a WTD with Babe, JR, and Jaime.

Did Babe know it was really JR's kid?

• Members
I posted the Dorian scenes in my earlier post.

It was the idiot's fault. She knew it wasnt her baby. She had a stillborn and told Paul to get her baby so he did. He told her the mother didnt want it, but she knew he was lying. I think subconciously she wanted to beleive him to justify what she did, but when she saw news reports of what happened to Bianca and how Paul acted that night, she put the pieces together. She didnt do anything though bc she needed that baby to hold onto Kevin, who wanted to divorce her but only stayed for the kid

JR and Jamie? Try, JR, Jamie AND Paul! I dont think Paulw as ever going to be a viable option, but they hinted at him early on

Babe didnt know who the father of her kid was. She tried to blackmail Paul into switchnig the DNA results when she was pregnant. The test said it was JRs but Paul never confirmed if he actually did it. He only told her that she got the answer she wanted. It wasnt until she got a sample of her son and tested it against JR that she got confirmation that he was indeed the father. She tehn kidnapped the boy, ran off and sent him a letter telling him the girl he was raising wasnt his, they had a boy and the baby was dead.

On AMC, Babe was feeling down and went to some church where she prayed for her "dead" son and talked to some priest She prayed to some stain glass image of a baby and asked for a sign. When she was driving home, she got lost or there was a storm. Whatever it was, she ended up at the Palace hotel, where she ran into Kevin who was alone with his baby. The boy was crying and Kevin couldnt calm him down. Babe asked to help and he stopped when she held him. She felt an instant connection. She talked to Kevin who told him the baby's birthdate (Mar 23). The kid also had blonde hair like her. I think while they were together, Kevin argued with Paul on the phone, or Babe saw them together. It was a clue that Paul was connected her and sh was convinced that that boy was hers and that Paul switched them. Over on AMC, she started digging along with Krystal and David. I beleive Babe had a picture of Kelly, maybe from a newspaper, and Anita (a fomer nurse at the hospital) recognized her a woman who was admited to the hopsital around the time Babe's baby died. That was another hint. Things started to add up. She got ehr hands on a sample of the boy's DNA and of course it tested positive for her

• Members

It wasn't a WTD. Babe and Bianca were both pregnant and a helicopter went down or something. They both went into labor. Both girls had a baby. Paul Cramer was friends with Babe for some reason, so he told Bianca her baby had died, gave her baby to Babe, and took Babe;s baby to give to his sister Kelly. Somehow, I forget, Paul's sister Kelly needed a baby to save her marriage. Anyway, that's how it ended up anyway, with Babe on the hunt for her baby while raising Bianca's baby as her own. I had a couple of details confused.

• Members

It was a WTD storyline, complete with a paternity test switch. Krystal even gave a doctor a BJ in order to help her skank daughter make it look like she was further along then she was, so that JR wouldnt find out she was sleeping around on him. Babe didnt find out who her baby's daddy was until months after the switch

There was never supposed to be a switch. Paul was going to take Babe's baby give it to Kelly and that would have been the end of it. He gave her Bianca's baby bc JR and Adam got in his face and were threatening him. He got scared so he lied and produced a baby to get them off of his back. It ahd nothing to do with being Babe's friend bc he was ready to tell her her baby died there

Archived