B&B: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Because fat and pregnant look like two completely different things, especially after month 5 or so. They actually did show her stomach once when she was wearing a black dress and it was very noticeable that there was a baby on board.

I want Donna to dump Eric as well. She keeps having scenes with Bill alone, which makes me wonder...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't understand where Eric's coming from. Does he remember he lost the business because of Stephanie's machinations? It's almost as stupid as Ridge getting the "but Brooke isn't supporting you by being Prez of Forrester--a Division of Spencer Publications" talk from Taylor, when Ridge asked Brooke to take the position when he turned it down. (or okayed it before she took it...whatever)

• Members

I think Eric is coming from the same place he's been coming from for many, many years. He has an unhealthy dependence on Stephenie, so he keeps going back to her, even though she is way to tough and supposedly fridgid for him. Not to mention she's no longer as attractive as his blowup dolls. So then he finds his next cute little toy to play with and when he gets bored or his new toy isn't quite so shiny he goes back to the dysfunctional relationship he has with Stephenie. Rinse repeat.

Donna can do better.

• Members

The many years being Brad's stint as HW. Bill Bell visioned Eric and Stephanie as being the acrimonious divorced couple, tied together through their business and children, not a destined to be together in love couple that Bradyboy sees.

Eric and Donna's marriage problems are so contrived it is painfully boring to watch this again. I think my idea was better to have it be about a baby. I can identify with someone Donna's age wanting to have one and Eric being against that because he did that when he was young. Then if Donna went behind his back for artificial insemination, that would create a real and instant wedge between the two. Either that or have him dump her for just being fat, but that makes little to no sense if his fallback flame is Stephanie. It's another missed opportunity to have him chase Jackie. But this show is full of missed opportunities sacrificed for repeating the same [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

AGREED. And boy, I never thought I'd ever say that. I just hate the way events are skewed to make Stephanie (or Taylor) look like the "loyal" supportive wives they aren't. Or weren't.

I even felt bad for Owen today, being paraded around like some sex slave. And I thought Jackie looked stupid...not that the JackieM line's ever been dignified...but still.

• Members

Somewhere along the way JG really one me over. I think it's because she seems to have a good sense of humor and comes across as a team player. When I think of all the times the show has called her on being plastic or fat she has my respect for being able to laugh at herself. I doubt many actresses would go along with that. Actually, I give most of B&B's ladies credit for being willing to get down and dirty and play the camp scenes when necessary. Pam/Donna are one of my favorite duos.

I guess at times things are skewed to make Stef and Taylor look loyal, but characterizations on B&B change so fast, it's really hard for me to say what's true in regard to that. I remember back in the 90's when I really hated Taylor she was portrayed as Ridge's true love. Brooke tried over and over for years to lure Ridge away and it never really worked. I remember that time Ridge and Taylor set Brooke up to get her away from Thorne. :mad: During that time Brooke was portrayed as the desperate, pathetic one who would not give up.

Then at some point the tide seriously changed and now Taylor is written that way. I actually like both characters now, so I hate the way they live for Ridge. He's so not worth it. Same with Donna and Stephenie. Screw Eric. He's not really good enough for either of them. How many times is he going to dump Stephenie for some hot, young thing he doesn't deserve? It sickens me that she keeps taking him back.

• Members

It's time for him to move in to a more paternal role, but his ego won't allow it. Who was it that told us he wouldn't allow Nick/Bridget to continue on with their father/daughter type relationship because Hope is too old to be his daughter? Anyway, that's when I knew JW was deluding himself.

• Members

ONLY KKL is allowed to look old with 35 year old children. Well, aside from JM and SF who are only like 5 -8 years older than RM, but he's always looked 20 yrs younger than he really is so it worked.

My mom read that Winsor couldn't be at Taylor's wedding because JW doesn't want Sarah Brown to interact with the competition, lol.

• Members

Whip didnt go on a honeymoon bc he just needed to pitch his new campaign idea and it was that crap? Can B&B move on from the Cougar crap already? No wonder Jack M has gone downhil. People are over it and Whip already used a variation of this idea

Bridget is pregnant? Shocker. I only called it the second I saw her go down with oOwen

Archived