March 22-26, 2010

Toups

• Members

Wow a 1.6 for OLTL on Friday. That's not good. I remember I thought that episode sucked too. Wasn't that Kish rally/boycott thing that day too? Wonders if that has anything to do with it. Whole show stinks, so probably just people in general getting fed up and bailing.

I've also always been amazed by the gap between Y&R and B&B. Perhaps time for Brad to retire and let someone else revitalize the show.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Too bad Barbara Bloom isn't interested in launching a new soap project that could poach off of Y&R's success. Something CBS owned, set in a coastal California town that could make use of location shoots(with proper cameras, of course), and something exciting and fresh, at least in terms of story. Basically, a B&B clone without the B&B name, without the B&B writing/on-camera talent and something they can distribute internationally and make money from.

It's been widely speculated that people who watch Y&R(especially in the Midwest where the show airs immediately following The Price is Right at Noon/11CST) switch to the ABC or NBC lineup. B&B may have better households than the other soaps, but I think alot of it is largely due to a.)the Y&R audience that sticks around to watch the other CBS soaps and b.)soap fans who are exclusively PGP soap fans(yes, those DO exist in the offline soap community) watching B&B. I think it has a lot more to do with a.) than b.) really.

If B&B wants to see itself beyond the next couple of years, it needs a better and more visually hands-on executive producer and fabulous writing team to sell us on the fantasy of Los Angeles. Despite the town being dirty, sketchy, and full of vanity, Southern California and Los Angeles have long been sold by TV shows as glamorous, exotic locales where anyone can fall in love. Visually, B&B sells LA as whitebread, Midwestern, and tepid.

Most likely. Or time given back to the affiliates. If that happens, I'd expect some affiliates to expand newscasts and put Y&R in direct competition with AMC(first and second half-hours), which would absolutely kill the show.

I don't know where that quote even came from. Brad Bell stepping down from his own show to "retire" early?! Every man has ego.

• Members

I think it's too late. I have a feeling by December or so we will be hearing about OLTL cancellation...or sometime in 2011.

It would hurt both but would definetly mean the end for AMC.

I barely see SoapNet anymore. I remember it use to be the channel to watch and get. Now its pure [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Several southern/midwest affils. One that even puts the show on after Craig Ferguson!

I'd love to come home to B&B at 1:37 in the morning, shithammered from the bars. I'm sad I wasn't old enough to have that experience with Sunset Beach. :(

• Members

Good for GH, the show is great again.

Never been a Days fan but where is the Days craze? When the ratings were up a couple of weeks ago, everybody were raving about this show. Now the ratings are down and people are complaining??? but 2 weeks ago it was awesome??

I find that rather strange

Anyway, hope AMC and GH pass Days soon

Archived