Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

What am I misunderstanding here?

I like Kandi, and her life prior to Xscape was scandalous (she slept with father and son producers, and formed a coalition to boot out members of the band).  But, why are we getting a sort of second season of their reunion? 

Watching middle aged women touring third rate venues while trying to remember choreography is not intriguing to me.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/swv-xscape-the-queens-of-r-and-b-stars-clash-trailer-bravo-limited-series-1235246160/

To invoke the legend of Nene, what does Kandi have that makes Bravo give her another spin-off every year?

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

MIA

I hope Andy checked Alexia at the reunion. If not some exec needs to sit down with her bc she is going to ruin this franchise. These shows go downhill when it gets too dark and her mean girl antics are keeping it from being light and fun. She needs to come back next season like the Alexia of last bc the current one aint it for her

• Members

I got the impression, watching this week's episode, that something is going on with Alexia. We all know she's dealt with a LOT in her life -- which makes her a really compelling Housewife -- but I do wonder if, now that she got the wedding, she's not as happy with Todd as she wants to project, and she's lashing out at others as a result. There's a meanness and irrationality to her attacks this season that feel like they have to be coming from someplace else.

It's jarring to see side-by-side scenes of her supporting Frankie and those of her refusing to exhibit any logic or humility in picking fights with Adriana and Nicole.

• Members

Third King and Carlos King's video yesterday really sumed up the current situation at RHOP quite well. 

Right not, RHOP has me questioning them like I would a season of BH. And THAT is not a compliment with me. I liked it right up until Robyn's bombshell the other day. Now it's tainted the season like SLC was tainted when all the misdirection when the REAL story is literally RIGHT THERE. 

Am I still going to watch? Oh, yes. I expect POTOMAC to still give a show more than SLC would. And I have been waiting for my Messy Mia to be exposed as broke since the moment it came out in the season. And to see the fallout with Mia and Jacqueline in real time more or less. But I agree...that trailer was awfully tame given their past reunions.

NOT THE MONIQUE GIFS!!!

I

• Members

I hope it felt good to write that post, because it sure was satisfying to read!

Excellently put, and how I felt watching the trailer.

I forgot about Chris Bassett caping for Gizelle at the S5 reunion. And that's how she repays loyalty. Nevertheless, I am still excited to see Chris reading Giz the riot act.

I too thought Candiace was a little tame dealing with Gizelle. Its more than just fear of what Gizelle might hold over them: Gizelle and Robyn have re-created a sorority dynamic where they put recruits through hell and stay being the Queen bees. Seeing Chris. Candiace, Wendy, Mia and Ashley work overtime to try and be embraced by these two. It's very Pick Me, Pick Me! And sad. How long is it going to take before they run out of people to break down and turn on each other?

Yes, BH and Potomac share a lot on common in terms of the elements you point out. This season, we started to see the seams pull and break, but Robyn's announcement was where we couldn't unsee the plotting anymore. BUT NOW WE'VE SAID IT.

And like SLC, reunion was filmed before the audience had truly caught on, put the pieces together, and metaphorically threatened to throw in the towel. Andy Cohen is so dependent on the audience for his talking points that I worry he won't be prepared to sufficiently call it out. Yet call them out he must, which is why Robyn has been hurriedly booked for WWHL on Sunday. I'm hoping Bravo puts in a coda at the end of reunion citing Robyn's surprise announcement and try to link it up with the reunion fallout. They can't recut the reunion like they did with SLC in S2 to minimise Jennie's involvement, I don't think. And I wouldn't want them to. I want Robyn to be called out at the very least.

I will of course be watching.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Or it could be as simple as Alexia let S4 go to her head, planned her strategy to go for Nicole and simply overreached. I do think she is stressed about something, and that is the situation with Peter. She has coddled and protected that manchild for too long. He beat up a homeless guy back in the day, and it was brushed off as He's a Triubled Teen. He still talks and acts like his 15, but he's 30 now. So her acting out could also be deflection.

She's a strong personality, but Todd wears the pants in that relationship, and I wonder if subconsciously she's acting a fool because of the pressure that brings, too. I don't think she can easily sway him to do things her way generally. 

• Members

Thank you, Cat! It did feel good to write that post. 

It just boggles my mind how Candi-ass and Broke Chris didn't see the writing on the wall. They truly thought they were exempt from Gizzard's wrath. This season just further proves that Monique was on point with her assessments of people. The only downside is that Monique didn't listen to her own opinion at the start of season 5. But with all that has unraveled recently, I want Monique to come back just to call people out on their hypocrisy across the board--including Candi-ass, Broke Chris, and Wendy (at times). 

And Robyn and Gizelle won't turn on each other anytime soon. I honestly see Bravo keeping Robyn next season to expose her fully and then dumping her finally. Then it'll be Gizelle on her lonesome, as Ashley has started to assimilate herself with Karen and Wendy more. 

• Members

Hehe. at the Jen Shah shade.

As for Robert, unless she is not appearing on Sunday's WWHL or it's prerecorded before the reunion, I don't see any need for this. 

La Dame...TEAR...HER...AS7...UP...NEXT SEASON. Cuz that's all I'm getting from this information...that Robert WILL be back next season. And I want her exposed. 

She will now get the drags I give to EricFake, Ex Soap Opera Star, Teddi That Blonde Girl Johnmela, Lint, and Little Girl. Cuz...hm.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Taoboi