Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This better not be false advertising!

What's interesting to me is that Tom spent a lot of money on Erika's launch for stardom, presumably because if she made it big, the stardom would pay for itself and it might even contribute to his very comfortable lifestyle. Interesting that despite some dance hits, he still has had to fork out $$$ -- primarily for RHOBH. Now that she has set the standard with lewks and glam and such, now she has to maintain it, especially with Dorit and others in on the glam act. It just adds to the expenses every year.

When I think of the current incumbent in the WH, I think immediately of Jim Jones. His core base are wedded to him body and soul.

Religion generally seems to hold a lot of power in the US, because of its sway over some people. Look at how influential evangelical Christianity now is in the SCOTUS and the lower courts across the land. In addition, groups focused on idolising a guru or cult leader tend to crop up a lot -- Scientology, NXIVM.

I feel like some of these religions incentivise cons, because churches/religions get tax exemptions. With Mary's Faith Temple, the more I see those parishioners are entranced at her 'speaking in tongues', the more I hear about the tithes paid to fund her lifestyle, or her anger and disdain at their 'cheapness'.... this all says 'cult' to me. A cult her grandmother set up, her step grandpa took over, and she inherited. There is something very dark about the whole thing.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I literally just saw that and hollered online.

If Erika DOESN'T, then Ms. Wannabe Truth Cannon BETTER. 

ETA: Now that I think about it...Erika could have done a lot better for herself. La Dame is making a brand with her exposure on RHOP. Bethanny did as well thanks to NY. LVP had countless restaurants, businesses, and get awareness up on topics. Kandi on RHOA has music, accolades, restaurants, spinoffs, etc. But over 5 seasons, what has Erika done?

She started out well I feel. Before she got on BH, I knew her for a great remix of 'Pretty Mess.' And she did use her platform for another remix (the one they were watching the video of on the show). Then she toured. And she was here in San Diego a block away from where I work and they were staying at the US Grant Hotel which is in downtown here a few blocks from where I live. 

If all she wanted to do was music...she could have so used the platform to promote that enough that perhaps Tom could have gotten that money back. But her brain is like her fashion I got...not very well thought out. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

It’ll be interesting to see how they justify the loans to Erika because she’s a drag queen! She is not a musician. I’m a drag queen as well and I remember one time they were thinking of booking her to perform with us and she wasn’t much more than a popular drag race girl. Her expenses HAVE to exceed the money coming in. From the glam squads, music which is all out of pocket, custom made costumes and shoes, expensive travel (private jets/luxury tour buses/insane hotels). She isn’t a Kandi or Tamar who has a record deal, this is all out of pocket and you can’t make that money back on a tour of gay clubs. 

If Tom needed to use her as a front I don’t know why he didn’t throw in a more traditional business like a restaurant or something. 

• Members

Karen went in on Gizelle about her fake relationship with Jamal. She asked very specific questions, like if they were together,called out the baby mamas and him cheating on her and having a new kid on the way. Monique caught the alley opped and had screenshots and texts from the alleged woman. She read Jamal's number and Andy asked Gizelle if that was his number and she said yes. She tried to stay quiet and not say much but they tagged teamed her ass. It was lovely. Earlier in the episode everyone pretty much shaded her fashions. Karen also went in on Gizelle's makeup being liquidated while her's is in Bloomingdale thriving. Gizelle got tore apart.

Karen: "If your business is out of business , be transparent. Word on the street is that Target said they liquidated you" LOL

To use your pic,Taoboi

when you fall over in your wheelchair : antimeme

What gets me is people saying Karen was being petty and was too mean as if Gizelle hasnt hit below the belt dragging her for her Ray's tax issues, laughing about her moving and shading her business ventures

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

ATL

Certainly a fine episode and it reminded me why I have no sympathy with Kenya at all. She is such a mean, sour bitch.

I was furious when the episode ran overtime - I was waiting for RHOP! 

POTOMAC

WHEW...that was an incredible first episode for a reunion. Christmas came early. 

The Candiace/Robyn/Wendy/Ashley contingent largely sat this episode out and were largely irrelevant. I really thought it was a big reach for Wendy to try and spin Ashley's use of the word 'aggressive' when Wendy has been totally aggressive towards Ashley. It's the English language. 

No, this episode was all about the flawless tag team of Karen and Monique against Gizelle. Karen did the lay up and Monique did the slam dunk that shatters the backboard. 

First, Karen wore Gizelle right out with very direct questions that Gizelle answered like a lying politician. She was scrambling and it was obvious she did not, and would not, answer a single one of Karen's questions directly. Karen gave Gizelle an opportunity to tell her story. She could have been honest. But she kept lying...So then it was time for Monique...

Monique nuked Gizelle in a way that I have never seen on a RH reunion. Gizelle's whole face collapsed once Monique pulled out the Holy Bible of Potomac aka her Receipt Binder and started reading. When she read out the phone number, Gizelle knew the game was over. When Gizelle admitted the phone number was Jamal's it was abundantly clear that Monique was telling truths only. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DaytimeFan