Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I find the ratings for NYC so disappointing because I am loving this season. For me there is a good balance of light moments and drama.

I would absolutely jump ship if Jill Zarin returned.

I find the ratings for NYC so disappointing because I am loving this season. For me there is a good balance of light moments and drama.

I would absolutely jump ship if Jill Zarin returned.

If I were Joe I'd want my sentencing over with. Why not have all the bad news at once?

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Andy hates Jill and has been very positive about the show on Twitter so I doubt my theory would come to fruition. I do wonder if her returning would budge the ratings because even after B ethenny left the show remained strong ratings wise. I personally have no problem with anyone on the show except Aviva's crusty father but the ratings are too low to not change anything because for some reason the general audience is not interested. We'll see. Edited by Eric83

• Members

The ratings aren't good, but I think that has less to do with the show than it does with the promotion of the show. The 'Moldavian Massacre' happened with the RH franchises as a whole once Russell Armstrong killed himself, but RHONYC has had next to no promotion this season, and lord knows why, the trailers were epic and the episodes themselves have been satisfying.

Does anyone know offhand what the OC ratings are like this season?

• Members

They're about even with last season. Another advantage for OC is that they tend to increase in ratings as the season goes on and judging by what's to come I think it will start trending upwards soon. OC and Atlanta are the only franchises that haven't suffered major audience losses in the past couple of years.

• Members

NYC's current season is better than any other series (save ATL) most recent season BUT the ratings do not reflect that. People dropped the show bc it lost a sense of familiarity when they did the drastic cast changes. I do think bringing back some old faces would bring back viewers who simply couldn't take to the new women. I definetly think Jill and Alex should return. At this point with the ratings so low, it cant hurt to try

• Members

I don't think people tuned out due to the new women because they couldn't take them, I think s4 was so toxic and there was such an air of toxic around it that people didn't tune in for s5.

I don't think bringing back Jill of all people will help. Nor Alex. As I says, perhaps Bethanny but doubtful.

• Members

Yet there was no dropoff in season 4 as the ratings remained high and increased as it went on. Season 4 was toxic but people were still watching. The reboot was too drastic a change and alienated people. The transition between seasons and how Bravo handle it was awful. Im a trooper but I was ready to drop it bc of that. I didn't take to any of them until this season and that's only bc its been so long. The series was unrecognizable in S5 and a chore to watch

• Members

The problem is that even though Season 4 has this rap as being toxic people were clearly watching and when you eliminate like half the damn cast of course the audience is going to doubt it will ever be as entertaining or as exciting again. Personally 4 was nuts but I still loved it from a television standpoint. If I were on the show I probably would have lost my mind but just being a watcher I was absolutely hooked.

To go from that to quiet Carole, semi quiet Heather who wants to gangsta, and just under the surface Aviva was too much a drop.

I'm dreading the "Leg Incident" cuz quietly I fear Ramona is somehow behind it lol.....but then again it could just as easily be drunk Sonja playing a dumb trick. Who knows at this point.

• Members

Yay to MARLO. The new Fab 3 :D. I'd rather roll with than Nene, Phakedra and Poorsha.

Did you hear the apparent new rules in their contract that they have to film with whomever the producers say? Basically one can't act like a diva and say I won't film with this chick

• Members

I did. I'm sure the only people who pull that card is Nene and Phaedra. The other four can put aside the personal and realize at the end of the day that this is a tv show.

ETA: Lisa will be back!

photo8-e1403248053305.png

Edited by Eric83