January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Members

I was asking if TPTB recycled Bob and Kim's house for Lilly. Not the current set, but the one used when Rose was alive. To me, it looks like the same set with minor ajustments such as a changed in color, furnishings, ect. Nuts and bolts, I know they used part of the same set 'cause the stairs and window settings were the same. It is not uncommon for stageplays to reuse nuts and bolts but I've never seen this on TV. It actually looked good, though.

They have wasted a lot of money 'upgrading' certain sets that were fine, even nice. I wish they would get a new World

Wide sign 'cause the one they have looks like cardboard.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The house that Rose used to live in was Cal's old house set...not Lily & Holden's. IMO, I always thought Mike & Jenn's (and then Will & Gwen's and Luke, Noah, & Ameera's) house resembled Cal's old set.

P.J., I was thinking the kitchen from Hal's old set, not Bob & Kim's, became the WOAK kitchen set.

The house Lily & Damian live in now might have some of the same furnishings as Cal's, but it shares more similarities with Tom & Margo's place than anything else.

Meldus, you mentioned something about location shots looking nice. I agree. However, some of them....eh, not so much. Like yesterday, for a brief moment Parker and Liberty talked by some bushes. Liberty's face was in the shadows and the background seemed pretty close to overexposure, while Parker's face was halfway yellow from the sun beams and the background shared the same lighting as Liberty's face. With such a short scene like that, I wonder if they go through the trouble of worrying about lighting or if they just say "screw it, this'll take five minutes".

• Members

I think it's mostly Bob and Kim's old set. The only thing that reminds me of Habs' old set is that slotted dish-keeper thing. But it's been so long, I barely remember Bob and Kim's.

Now that I think about it---I bet Cal/Rose's is where Lily's fireplace is from. I knew it looked familiar.

• Members

I've noticed the Chinese Curtain in Katie's place used to belong to Babs. Also, the white lattice work thing in front of Lilly's house used to belong to the Bob and Kim set. I wonder why they dumped all the paintings, furnishings, chairs, ect. from the old sets. They would add something to the current sets. I wish they had not trashed Susan's house. World Turns should not be lacking anything in regards to furnishings. They should still have all the stuff from the old GL sets. BTW, ever notice how cheap Lilly's bed looks? I'd think they bought the frame at Bargin City.

BTW, does Lucinda still have a set?

• Members

When did they trash Susan's house? :huh: I remember it being featured right around the time Emily got the smackdown by one of her joes during her hooking days.

Lucinda's house was last seen about 2 or 3 years ago. I can't remember what for, but I want to say I remember seeing the current Ethan in her "parlor". The kid playing Ethan hasn't been around that long.

I'm sure the GL sets were destroyed when they began instituting the "new production model". If not, they were definitely destroyed once the show was cancelled. Now that ATWT is being cancelled, (weird..my fingers almost typed the usual "facing cancellation" :( ), I'm pretty sure TPTB aren't concerned with giving characters their own individual sets. We'll be pretty freaking lucky if we get to see Bob & Kim's house one final time before the curtain falls. <_<

• Members

They have not used Susan's house since the Hooker/Allison returns story. That was about the last time they really showed Susan on a weekly basis. I'm guessing her house is sitting wherever they store Lucinda's pad. Come to think of it, why would they spend money to store sets they never plan to again use. I'll bet anything that they got rid of the Hughes' set years ago. It is probably resting somewhere in soap star heaven. Goutman sucks when it comes to sets and the general upkeep of Oakdale. I get saving money but these moves don't even seem that cost effective.

Katie is the only one who has a cool, modern pad.

• Members

No, I haven't seen Lucinda's set in years.

And they must keep just about everything that's usable. Everyone once in a while, I still see that old slanted window from the old Montgomery and Assoc. set from like twenty five years ago. I just saw them this year sometime...even that cabin Jack, Carly and Craig were stuck in had that weird tree motif thing goin' on...you remember that cabin Paul was stuck in after Em shot him, the one that had a branch glued to it?

Well...sometimes stuff just jumps out at me. Like the fact Katie's entryway used to be Ben and Jess'. But even I know that noticing Carly's door suddenly has clear glass is a tad bit...fangurly.

Well, since they have to pay unions to do it, my guess is that's why it's cost effective.

But that was one very CRAPPY looking, barely big enough for a bed "suite". I remember Lizzie's "bedroom" at the Spaulding Mansion barely being big enough for her bed either. *shudders*

• Members

Agreed. It just makes me sad that we'll never get to see Carly interacting with one of her children as an adult. I'd be interested in seeing what sort of dynamic she'd have with a grown Sage.

Yeah, I've been watching since 2006, and I don't ever recall seeing any space for Lucinda to call her own.

The attention you guys pay is remarkable! Lol. That you can recognize pieces of furniture...Do you guys just have an eye for that kind of thing?

• Members

The Susan set was the only set left from the "old days,' as it used to be David and Ellen's set, which was around at least as far back as 1978! I wonder what happened to the orginal Chris and Nancy kitchen set..you would think they would have saved that as it would have been good for the Smithosian or something. I am sure they [!@#$%^&*] canned that when Wagner left the show when the Dobson's tried to "contemporize," the show (funny how that never means sophisticated writing or a different way to write as storyline, it just means underwear models having sex.)

I am sure they got rid of the Bob and Kim set, which was originally the Kim and Nick set( yes, even I am embarrassed that I know this.) It had to have been HUGE as they would regularly have people trasping in and out and holiday parties with the entire cast. I have no idea why they would get rid of that, but Wheeler got rid of the Bauer sets and even the kitchen...(we didnt get to see it again until the last week of the show and you could tell it was pieced together from old scraps.) The retards in charge must have listened to some focus group which said that 12 to 18 years olds think its weird to have people in kitchens and living rooms. Both GL and ATWT look so cold without them (and yes, I know its goofy that everyone and their dog would trasp through Bob and Kim's living room and the Bauer Kitchen at all hours of the day and night, but I don't give a damn, I liked it!!)

I watched an old clip of ATWT on YT and they have Nancy at her most meddlesome and Lisa at her most "training to be a super bitch," mode, and they are having a discussion while washing and drying dishes, and even 50 years later, it seemed "real." Funny that Wheeler tried to get back to that by showing characters sorting laundry, or unloading the groceries, but she had already ripped the heart out of the show and the sets sucked so it didnt make it feel more real at all.

• Members

The old sets were great. They in no way looked dated and were far better than Lilly's new modular home looking set. Please, a woman that rich woud never have a kitchen that tiny! I love the way Y&R has kept the same sets for well over two decades. I am so glad they never bothered to 'upgrade' the Abbot mansion. Y&Y is the top rated show so maybe everyone else should follow their lead. Also, for having so little money, Goutman sure invested a lot on sets over the last ten years.

Lastly, they should never show Emma's living room again. That is the most pathetic set I have ever seen.

• Members

Mitch, the Snyder farm is still like a train station, lol. We only see the kitchen but it's definitely still prominent, with different characters staying there who aren't all really Snyders.

I'm catching up and still loving the show! This is way too good to be canceled. Love Barbara's story the most, as well as Casey/Allison.

Archived