December 14-18, 2009

Toups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some SOAPNet ratings info, for extra flavor...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/30/soapnet-sets-all-time-high-viewing-records-in-prime-time-in-2009/37331

SOAPnet Sets All Time High Viewing Records in Prime-time in 2009

Posted on 30 December 2009 by Robert Seidman

via press release:

Ratings Highlights for 2009

Final National Ratings

SOAPnet Sets All Time High Viewing Records in Prime in 2009

Growing its Audience for the 8th Consecutive Year in Prime,

2009 Ranks as SOAPnet’s Most-Watched Year Ever in Total Viewers

2009 Stands as SOAPnet’s Most-Watched Year in the Net’s History in Target Women 18-49

“All My Children” and “One Life to Live” Hit All Time Annual Highs in Viewers and Women 18-49, Posting Hefty Double-Digit Percent Increases Year to Year

SOAPnet (2009)

SOAPnet delivered a record setting year in 2009, generating the Net’s largest Total Viewer (353,000) and Women 18-49 (133,000) audiences of all-time in Prime. Impressively, SOAPnet posted its 8th consecutive year of growth in Prime in Total Viewers.

Year-to-year, SOAPnet grew by a solid 9% in Total Viewers (353,000 vs. 325,000) and by a substantial 18% in Women 18-49 (133,000 vs. 113,000).

“All My Children” (M-F, 8:00-9:00 p.m.)

“All My Children” delivered its largest annual audience ever on SOAPnet in Total Viewers (462,000) and Women 18-49 (175,000).

Versus 2008, “All My Children” increased by an impressive 24% in Total Viewers (462,000 vs. 374,000) and by a greater 42% in Women 18-49 (175,000 vs. 123,000).

“One Life to Live” (M-F, 9:00-10:00 p.m.)

“One Life to Live” hit new highs in 2009, generating its largest Total Viewer (441,000) and Women 18-49 (172,000) audiences of all time on SOAPnet.

Compared to 2008 levels, “One Life to Live” garnered huge increases up by 19% in Total Viewers (441,000 vs. 371,000) and by 32% in Women 18-49 (172,000 vs. 130,000).

Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, 2009: 12/28/08-12/27/09, Most Current: Live + SD blended with Live + 7, when available).

• Members

The actress who plays Maddie was only intended to stay 1 month and then she extended it until January so she didn't quit she just wanted to get back to California prolly to film her second season of her web series. The actor playing Damien was only staying for 6 months, but stayed longer. Now he prolly wants to do other things.

• Members

I would have loved to see Damian and Maddie stayed. I think they are better than the ABC cast offs we were given. I think Damian leaving is storyline dedicated. I am sure Paolo would stay longer. I also was hoping Paul L would say longer as Simon. The show seems to be more centered around these characters instead of having newbies hogging up airtime.

• Members

They wanted Damien to stay longer from what I can tell. He put that he was leaving on his facebook page. It isn't like he has much else going on so I am suprised the actor was willing to give up a pay check. As for Maddie, I am pretty sure that Goutman wanted her to stay with all this talk about building up the younger cast but, hey, maybe I am wrong.

I agree with Rux, it is nice to see ATWT trump two ABC shows in 18-49. Keep in mind that they are all pulling ratings numbers from young girls demo and men thus evening out the score.

• Members

I loved it in the 90's. Moving the show to California is only going to help keep the cost down. The writing has to improve immensely. Maybe Lorraine can help out somewhat. The ratings are already in the toilet. Are they really going to let this show hit the 1.3's that GL hit or lower before they cancel it...lol......The show is on its last legs. The move to LA is the only thing that saved it.

Did I ever like AMC??...yes before it got polluted with Greens, Kendall..Zach...Ryan....Saint Lesbo Bianca...etc......Now I cant stand the show. I try watching it but it makes me puke!

• Members

When CBS made the announcement about ATWT, the show was already filming show for February. Maddie and Damian were probably already written out by then. The show has plenty of characters that they can feature. (Although I did love the Nutmeg story.) I'm still holding out hope that the show will be saved, but even if does land on another network, it'll likely only be for a year. The drop off in viewers for shows that jump networks is pretty significant. That said, I take another year.

• Members

Well umm yes, that's why they moved it to LA, to save it LOL. Your argument makes no sense to me :P It's no secret. I actually think--and this is me being hopeful the writing will improve without Chuck--that the recent upsurge in its ratings over GH may become standard this year (and no I'm not foolish enouth to think its actual ratings will climb that quickly or significantly, more that GH's will fall)

Anyway for the sake of your stomach and all that puke I suggest you stop watching :P

Archived