BET 's Web Soap: Buppies

• Members

Anyone watching Buppies on BET.com? I love it. Tatyana Ali is wonderful and funny. Her voice overs are hysterical. Her performances show how Y&R wasted her, no surprise there. I about died when Quinci took on that woman over her shoes. Her two girlfriends are hilarious and then there is Eliot who is on the down low. The episodes are short, but well produced and acted.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These are 1000 percent better than anything I've seen from anyone else. WOW. How does an african american web soap get ignored with the other web stuff that's mostly crap to be honest. Comparing this show's first episode to than mess Venice is is like night and day. They did a fantastic job I think of introducing you to all the characters with a lead in to the story. And the filming is actually pretty decent. Not amateurish looking at all.

• Members

Buppies is better than all the Web soaps. Unfortunately, it has all those icky African Americans in starring roles. A gay romance started today, but it is two African American men who have some acting talent so that definitely makes it not as popular as other gay soap stories.

• Members

Venice is a mess. These guys obviously did all their homework and great preparation. There is a large African American community out there ostracized from the current soaps on the air. I wonder how well this has been pushed on stations like BET and in some of the African American press. It's terrible it has not gotten more mainstream attention. But as you said, good acting and production, who'd watch it.

• Members

I just saw the 2nd eppy. I must say the low down brotha with the dimples. I'm assuming he's a low down brotha because he saw was eyeing the other brotha that walked away. Anyway Y&R probably could have done better hiring him to play the new Malcolm. I think he's favors Shemar a little. Or maybe hire him to act opposite of Lily as another character. I definitely tune back into Y&R for him. I'll just have to deal with him acting opposite of CKLily.

Archived