OLTL: Discussion for the week December 7

• Members

That was hystrical...then "condoms" from Roxy.....LOL

Just WOW with Fish today. What a WOW/romantic scenes with them in bed. NOW that's how to do it!! Instead of a messy bed...pop out of shower...that wasnt even sex....Fish didnt even have sex and those scenes were more powerful than the Nuke "sex" scenes...blah....Nuke who???...LMAO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

REAL good show today. It moved so fast. By the time I checked to see what time it was, OLTL was going off. It kept me on the edge of my seat. For a cheap budget, OLTL does a great job at outside scenes and making things seem more real. Getting out the studios is a nice change and I love those filmy looking scenes.

I FEEL SO BAD FOR NICK. Get got dumped, beat up. Damn what else could happen. Hopefully he and Kyle can make their way back to each other.

• Members

Haha...I am loving Kish. I think Nick and Kyle are just too much the same to be a couple. I am not saying Nick isnt hot but they same identical instead of polar opposites like Kish. The school girls is fine with me...lol....I think Fish is acting more school girl than Kyle. It doesnt bother me one bit.

• Members

LOL True. I think it's a little endearing, the way they're making baby steps towards a full-fledged relationship that is both emotional and sexual.

Nick is getting a raw end of the deal. The whole Nick/Kyle insta-coupling that I didn't even bother to watch when it aired was pretty chintzy writing..."Hey, we can't just have Kyle and Oliver get together! We gotta make a story out of it! So Kyle meets a guy at the gym...they get to know each other...Oliver gets jealous, and Kyle lets Nick down to go back to Trout! Wait no! Not enough! Kyle and Nick get to know each other, then plan to GET MARRIED...THEN Oliver gets jealous, blah blah. What do you mean Kyle and Nick hardly know each other? They're only getting married for the cause, so it's okay. We want to prove that gay couples in long-term, committed relationships should be able to get married if they want to, so it's okay to have these strangers get married."

WHICH, I don't necessarily have a problem with them not really knowing each other and wanting to get married for "the cause" because lord knows there have been straight couples that have gotten married for their own unsavory "causes." It's just that I feel like them having Kyle/Nick plan to get married was their way of trying to get us to see Kyle/Nick as a real obstacle for Kyle/Oliver. Now that Kyle has this guy that he's supposedly been in love with for years and years now, what sense would it make for him to still be in Nick's romantic orbit?

• Members

OLTL has been keeping me on the edge of my seat for quite some time now and I love it! Llanview is a very dark place these days: Serial killers pop up quite frequently, there was that extremely violent and bloody Russian gangsters/drug dealer storyline, homophobic thugs harassing gay people and beating the crap out of them, crazed stepfathers kidnapping children at gunpoint, over-the-top psycho Mitch Laurence back again and murdering several people including Jared, and various other baddies stirring the pot and making life miserable in Llanview. BTW, I felt bad for Nick too but I wouldn't be surprised if he soon becomes the latest psycho who'll do all he can to come between Kish. I get the feeling some murderous jealousy will eventually overtake him.

• Members

Thing is, Nick is not some serious, major character. He's a spoiler, and a recurring player. That's it. So I'm fine with his role here. They've shown he's not some bad guy, though he may have a manipulative streak. Most other soaps, if they did the same plot, would've dispensed with Nick by now and not bothered to show a decent side. Instead we've seen Nick as a teacher and an activist. I don't expect Nick to be a hugely developed character. He's a tertiary player and I don't think we're supposed to see him as a serious threat to the boys. Just someone they have to deal with.

• Members

Llanview has been a dark place for so many years now. I always wonder what the tourism board does to get anyone to visit. They probably have a countdown clock for the amount of days since a serial killer last appeared. I imagine some poor soul speeding by Llanview, Port Charles, Bay City, and Salem in sheer terror. Then they decide to stop by quiet Pine Valley...and get shot in the head.

• Members

I dunno if I liked the pairing of Nick's scenes with the romance--it felt almost too obvious to me--and to have had not even really a hint of anti gay violence through all of this (Ok we had those comical protestors at the wedding) and now they bring it out (even having Nick say it's a common prob in Llanview). meh Some of my biase is I've never really warmed to Nick for some reason--I know he's a minor character but something about how he's written (and played...)But some well done stuff for sure--how could Fish recognize the three attackers cuz he thinks he saw them when Dorian was arrested? huh?

Otherwise I liked the episode despite some probs--I still hate how Ross has suddenly gone so psycho, hate when people travel across the country (Blair) in seconds flat though I guess it makes more sense compared to how they traveled from England,

I love Lanxton but come on--etting all bitter cuz your bf who you KNEW was going to a concert to film it, is busy filming it? is this the only story we could think of?

• Members

Another great show. Felt the Nick stuff was told a little quickly. Nick was beaten, found his way to ER, was admitted, medicated and hospitalized, the perp's arrested and booked all in one episode. Great outdoor scenes again and wonderful romantic scenes

Archived