GH: Fan Favorite back for one episode...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair, Dominic Zamprogna has absolutely won me over as Dante. I wasn't sure at first but now I think this was casting's smartest move in years. I really do root for both the character and the actor -- and I haven't done that for a newbie on any show in well over a decade.

But yeah. GH were actively trying to lure Vanessa back when Coop "Barratt" was cast and came on the show. Then she flaked. So GH started testing for that infamous Brenda recast. I suspect this is when Lisa LoCicero showed up, to audition for Brenda 2.0 (though that is speculation on my part). She sort of does look like VM. Then Vanessa said she would never return to GH if they recasted. So GH dropped the Brenda auditions like a hot potato and decided to create a new character from Sonny's Bensonhurst past -- Kate, Sonny's "first love."

Guza thought he'd give her a Devil Wears Prada twist. Then he got bored with that and, underestimating the popularity of the pairing, brought in Olivia, Sonny's "real first love." I guess Guza has a female type -- mob moll -- and he didn't feel like straying from that. I do like LLC, though, but I know I am one of the few. And I hate that Olivia came on the way she did.

• Members

I just can't let myself care about Dante. The actor would be fine in some parts, and I'm sure he's fine here, aside from being too old for the part, but I cannot care about any of Sonny's children. They will all be destroyed in one way or another for his benefit. This is already starting, with Lulu leading the charge.

LLC is OK, she did well on The City in a part tailored to her. Olivia is a pathetic character, pining over a moldy manchild she supposedly feared so much she kept their love child hidden away for decades, only to go right back to obsessing over Sonny as soon as he mumbled at her the right way. Seeing her spurn Johnny for this old sack of potatoes makes it even worse.

• Members

:lol: @ this old sack of potatoes.

Not that I ever doubted it, but you managed to sum up in two lines exactly why Sonny needs to be killed off and his taint removed from this show. It would liberate GH à la Days. It is ridiculous how many characters are still being ruined in order to prop up Borg and Mumbles. Like, when they have Snarly or Borg go on about how the made the best decision taking Michael away from "the sickness" that was the Quertermaines. For [!@#$%^&*]'s sake!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

http://popwatch.ew.c...l-chad-brannon/

general-hospital_510.jpg

It's always nice to see old flames together, like in this shot from Chad Brannon's Dec. 22 return to General Hospital sitting next to his former onscreen love, Natalia Livingston (Emily/Rebecca). In his one-off appearance, Brannon's not playing Zander, Emily's great love before Nicholas and also Elizabeth's baby's daddy, but rather an airplane passenger who has a conversation with Rebecca as she leaves Port Charles This trip down memory lane comes on the heels of Jonathan Jackson's October return to the role he originated, Lucky Spencer.

Does seeing the old lovebirds together make anyone nostalgic for a simpler time on GH? Or does it just make you smile?

Archived