Great Women of Soaps

• Members

I'm glad she can say that about herself...she's certainly right :)

Your description of how she is in the magazine makes me wish she could have met Little Edie.

The magazine layout sounds great. A lot of the time when I hear about Hello! or one of those I assume it's some sort of faux-tabloid. I'm glad they have a bit of class.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really like what I can see of the foyer, the parquet floor, that table, as well as those awesome doors and arches (and the velvet sofa in the salon). What I do not like is the carpet, wall paper, and pictures/light fixtures on the wall which lend a moth ballsy hotel feel imho. I prefer fewer, larger pieces than several small pieces, you know, in my Knightsbridge flat.

• Members

You ARE two degrees. Lucky you! I hope it's a good business association!

I have met her, Toronto, a chilly night, she was wearing black, diamonds (or rhinestones, you never know with JC) sparkling, makeup perfect, champagne glass in hand, slightly buzzed and an absolute charmer. She just excelled and lived up to my expectations.

You know what, she's done layouts of all her homes now...she did one of her NYC pad right after she married Percy in 2002, though I am under the impression that she leases that place out now since she spends little time in Manhattan. She did her St Tropez villa 2(?) years ago, GORGEOUS, cozy, airy, infinity pool and an endless view of the Mediterranean. Her LA condo was covered a year ago (shout out Sierra Towers!), it is very modern and minimalist, lots of white and glass with BRIGHT accessories, marble floors, marble bathrooms, mirrored vanities, 25th floor views of Beverly Hills, the mountains and out to the ocean.

Joan and Little Edie. Dare to dream...

HELLO! definitely has class in comparison to the rest of the weeklies. It's definitely the most 'authorized' of the celebrity magazines. Little tabloid coverage, mostly one on one interviews with the actual subjects.

• Members

In the picture, I totally see what you see. In the magazine, when you see the scale of the room and the natural light that floods the place, the carpet and wallpaper works, as do the overflow of pictures on the walls. That's the one thing that is very clear from JC's Knightsbridge flat, it's FILLED with pictures, etchings of things, 18th century paintings and probably hundreds of silver framed pictures of JC and family. The office is delicious, shades of grey and green with a 70s portrait of Joan and Jackie. Her bedroom is peach and very Marie Antoinette. The kitchen is light and sort of French style.

And what you thought was the foyer is actually the dining room, it has its own fireplace, as do many of the rooms in Joanie's abode.

The flat is unique because it stretches across 3 townhouses horizontally on one level. It's how many very upscale flats are in that area.

I am literally gleeful with this layout. It's everything I imagined for Joan and more!

• Members

And her St. Tropez villa isn't really in St. Tropez. It's in La Croix-Valmer, which is southwest of St. Tropez. smile.gif

Do you have some photos from her other places, that West Hollywood Sierra Towers place or the French Villa? Or the Upper East Side apartment? smile.gif

joacee.png

• Members

You're right, it is in La Croix Valmer...I just like to keep Joanie's location private because her house is quite secluded.

I have the HELLO! of the French villa and the Sierra Towers place I have a digital copy on a USB stick in my desk...in Malibu. I have a love/hate relationship with England at the moment...

Each place looks really unique. I wonder if they sell back issues...

• Members

Lovely home, but the surrounding countryside surprises me, I didn't realize the south of France was so dry. She seems to have fungus issues on her lawn, but I LOVE the pool. That curved hedge over by what appears to be the guest house has GOT to go. the back of the house is in desperate need of some foundation plantings, but the shutters seem to go all the way to the ground, I've never seen anyhting quite like that before. the Belgrave home is GORGEOUS. Opulent is right, it just screams out her name to look at that room. It's far too glamorous for my personality, but I bet she loves it and it fits her like a glove. The fresh flowers really make the room, especially that dash of hot pink give it the brightness and that extra bit of elegance, and they really make that room POP. I'm a FIRM believer in the use of fresh flowers, which reminds me.. I need to go make MYSELF an arrangement for my great room.

Archived