Great Women of Soaps

• Members

Well, this will sound weird, but your posts emit a similar vibe. There's something... Smooth, sophisticated, very graceful about you. It's just the truth, not an empty compliment. So it's not hard for me to believe what you said, I actually just wanted confirmation.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HA! Good Lord, I hope I don't get tempted and go buy a pack after all this talk. And would you believe that I recognize the asian lady and the black man with the process in his hair behind the front counter on the right.

Did Angelica Nero smoke on Dallas? Did Sue Ellen ever smoke? I know Larry Hagman is very anti-smoking and it bugged him that Barbara Bel Geddes would smoke in the makeup room.

I don't believe Sable ever smoked on The Colbys, though she would have pulled it off wonderfully.

• Members

You can buy single packs in the Nat Sherman store or in any other store around the country that sells their cigarettes. I've seen Nat Shermans in your average convenience store before, especially when I was in L.A., but if you go to a Tobacco Shop you'll have better luck finding them.

Why thank you Sylph. :blush: I'm going to go make a Courvoisier Stinger in your honor.

• Members

It was so long ago that I watched Dallas, but I'm almost sure Angelica did smoke. :mellow: And didn't Barbara die of lung cancer?

Oh, thank you! I was really being completely honest, you just do seem like someone who could pull that kind of seduction of smoking ritual so easily and effortlessly.

• Members

You go Miss Joan with your Russian fur hat and stiletto boots! BTW, how is Joan's German?

All this talk about smoking is making my brain itch. I gave up recently but now I'm craving one to savor for this evening.

Bad Cat! NO! bcowboy.gif

• Members

I wish more women dressed like that in the states. :P Actually, you're more likely to see that look Sunday mornings in the black church. The watermark obscures it, but Joan is also wearing a muff. When's the last time you saw someone walking down the street with a fox muff? :D

• Members

LOL. All my ciggies are gone. All that is left is Nicorette! So you don't have to worry.

Plus I have celebrated smoker Kate Moss as incentive:

Kate_Moss_copy.jpg

kate%20bad%20skin%20-%203-.jpg

The thought of Pete Doherty licking her face with his cold sores just adds to the DO NOT WANT.

• Members

Based on what happened when a certain male figure skater *cough*JohnnyWeir*cough* (and the fiercest glitter queen under the age of 25) had a tuft of fur sewn into the shoulders of his skating outfit, I'd say death threats from PETA might be the obstacle stopping righteous ladies from wearing fur?

Obviously there is faux fur but I'm sure somebody like Joan would explain that nothing feels as gorgeous as real lynx or fox. Having touched a fur coat worn by my now-deceased grandmother, I would say she is right. I don't know if I could ever wear that coat outside as I'm not sure what the reaction in the street would be.

Archived