Great Women of Soaps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, those look great as well.

I wish soap divas would smoke more. I have nothing to do with that sport in real life, but there's something terrifically magnetic about a bitch with a long, thin cigarrette and an equally long cigarette holder! laugh.gif

PS333.JPG

• Members

And that's exactly why I lot of people get them! :lol: They can be quite the conversation piece.

Fantasias and B&G are the same, just sort of a "His & Hers" color option. But yes, they have a full, "round" taste that's also created by the charcoal filter (which always reminded me of smoking through a cork).

Another type my friend and I would get was the hint of clove one, a lot less potent than your average clove. I also liked the Phantoms which were very smooth and in a light brown paper. They discontinued those and a few other varieties. Just thinking about the smoking I used to do makes me nervous. So dumb. I thank God for the good sense to have quit.

• Members

I think the last person I saw smoking on a soap was Jonathan on GL, and Hope's doppelganger Gina smoked on DOOL before that. Wendy Moniz's Dinah smoked (lettuce cigarettes for Wendy). I agree that people are (or at least should be) wise enough to know the dangers of smoking and not be sheep who do whatever they see on TV. Problem though is that smoking in a studio with no ventilation is a problem, whereas if say OLTL had done those scenes with Stacy last week on location and out of stress Rex lit up, that's different. It's just weird to introduce it with a character who has no history of it on screen unless the decision to start smoking becomes a story point in and of itself.

• Members

I understand that. Even though, as you point out, they should be, sometimes they're just naive and gullible and take the bait, it attracts them so they have to try it. I think I've read something about Mad Men's effect on smoking, I'd have to dig that one out.

And it sure would seem weird if someone just started smoking all of a sudden, good point! :lol: They'd need to invent a character. And the truth is, very few of them would be able to pull it properly off.

Archived