AMC: Wednesday, September 2, 2009

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no issue with him. But can I say why is it that the women gain a few pounds and the network is all over them(Genie Francis come to mind) yet men can gain and never have to face anything. VI is good looking but he's one. Michael Knight is another. Go over to OLTL or GH and take a look at some of those men. Steve Burton is a travesty although he's better than he was. I find the restrictions on the actresses and not the actors very insulting.

• Members

You seem to think I am advocating the firing of the gut. Nothing could be further from the truth. The gut is clearly a valued, integral member of the cast, a prime mover and shaker in story. There's no critiquing of the gut here. But what I find amusing is that David (and Tad) are consistently presented as powerful or at least virile manly males who everyone must either trumpet or cower from, and well, the visual hasn't added up to the pose of late. I've just watched the gut grow and grow in stature and attitude, and it's the most noticeable thing about Irizarry to me at this point. Whenever David begins yammering on about how the Martins will pay this time, all I can think about is, 'what is the gut's motivation in this scene?' It really cuts down on the menace.

In short, get over it, it's a joke.

Archived