Y&R Upcoming spoiler dates

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Without getting into which Colleen I prefer, it seems producers favor Fonseca and Sursok over Leon by a wide margin if you go by their respective imdb credits. So Sursok's working an awful lot for an actress perceived to have no talent and Leon's not for an actress that does.

Just because ten people repeat something over and over on a message board doesn't mean it's true.

• Members

Leon hasn't been actively pursuing acting work, she's been going to school and is now a certified chef I believe, plus she's been traveling. So, I don't see how Leon's lack of credits on her IMDB resume is relevant. How many great actors can't find jobs because of the way they look, their age, or whatever, when those who are perceived as having very minimum talent easily find work?

If TPTB at Y&R were so impressed with Sursok, surely they would have written for her, given her main storylines, and they wouldn't have been in the process of killing her character off.

And if we really want to get into the IMDB resumes of all the Colleen's, out of all of them, Fonseca is the only one finding mainstream work in primetime, Sursok is doing low budget independent films or films geared specifically towards the 8-12 year old demographic. Work may be work, but what Sursok is doing isn't entirely impressive when compared to Fonseca's mainstream breakout success.

• Members

Well... actresses wil do what they do, it's ok if you still love them, Y&R fan. As much as I LOVE Brenda Dickson, I'm fully aware that she's cuckoo for coco-puffs. But I still love her, and I stil know she's a good actress somewhere inside. It's ok for us to be a fan and love somebody and still be aware of their shortcomings. I'm of the opinion that Tammin is an actress that is sub-par, but who does have good "moments". I'm gonna say this out loud, I think she's a little BETTER than Kahlil. I'll also admit most of my dislike for her in the role of Colleen is based purely on her physical appearance, and the fact that Leon simply LOOKED so suited ot play Beth Maitland's daughter. When faced with the prospect of her death, my anger is not for the loss of the character at ALL... but for what that loss will do to TRACI. I didn't grow to love Colleen with ANYONE in the role, none of the actresses who played her made her something that I truly cared for. But my connection and LOVE for the character of Traci makes me heartsick for what it will do to her. And killing a person's only child is so overtly cruel... it's somehting I don't think I would EVER write if I were helming a soap.

• Members

Tracey E. Bregman at least had a long established history with the show, and was written for under various writing regimes. She's left her mark on the show, even if they no longer consider her to be an important part of their ensemble.

Sursok hasn't been written for under two, three if you count the strike, very different writing regimes. I don't think it says much when your predecessor in the role appeared in more episodes when she was there for less than half the time than you were there.

Someone like Tracey E. Bregman is identifiable in the role of Lauren, she left her mark on the show and has an Emmy out of the experience.

Can we honestly say the same about Sursok, who has hardly ever been written for, and not the one many consider the essential actress in the role she's playing? I'm not doubting Sursok has her fans, but her limited airtime never allowed her to leave any mark on the role she's playing. If the two main writing regimes in charge of the show were taken away with her talent, surely she would have been utilized. Instead, she was hardly ever used, and many still question why her predecessor was fired for an actress that was never written for. Surely, if they wanted to take the character in a different direction, that would have written for her. But they didn't, and Colleen has been a very poorly defined character since Sursok took over and has basically remained on the backburner since. That is a mainly a writing problem yes, but again, what mark has Sursok left in the role and why did she replace an actress that was actually written for?

• Members

while we're posting book images, here's one for y&r_fan. I never read it but I don't think "spite", "childishness" or "ad nauseum repetition of facts nobody agrees with" are chapters. how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg

You are by no means the only guilty party, but to say that your newbie actress who can't even pull off an accent ( I honestly think I can do a better Australian accent than she does American) should take this pivotal role with her is asinine. It's spiteful and it's exactly the kind of thing that makes everyone give a collective eye-roll when you reply with your totally blind TS love. You can cry discrimination at us for making fun of her for being Australian but I'd go as far as to say you're also partial to her because she's Australian... which is the same thing in reverse. You can go around trying to defend yourself against posters who have a lot more support on this board because they don't go around shoving their love of a talentless hack down our throats, and wonder why nobody listens when you call a foul on everybody else, but all that does is make you lose a lot more credibility. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you're put into a situation where nobody takes you seriously for spouting the same thing endlessly, being argumentative by trying to poke holes in Adrianne Leon's credibility (someone who I understand was quite ill... if you're taking potshots at the sick why not crack some weight jokes too? I mean wouldn't that be on par with us making fun of Sursok's accent?)

That said though, congrats on the growing number of supporters. Glad to see you now make up for about 25% of her 'fanbase' (instead of 100%)...

I think people pick on you here. Yes. I have been guilty of it myself, admittedly, but I mean for God's sakes if you're going to whine and carry on and try to come back with paper thin attacks on people you're leaving yourself open. There is a lot of hypocrasy yes... but I think we all should be out of grade school by now. I'll say the same to you as i say to the hypochristian crazies that shove their religion down everyone's throat: if you were sincere enough in what you believed, you wouldnt have to push it onto me, and you could deal with me not sharing the same thing. A good example of a post would be:

Sorry to hear you guys don't seem to be enjoying Tammin as much as I do. It will be sad to see her go.

Instead, you say... I'm claiming this as a victory because my actress is taking the character with her and nobody will get to play her again. *thumb nose* ha ha ha ha ha! I'm rubber and you're glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you... i know you are but what am I.

The thing about pushing an unpopular opinion on SON is you're poking a hornet's nest, and people will gang up on you. So, you either stop pushing it or you are prepared to be persecuted for what you believe in.

Don't say [!@#$%^&*] to cause a stir then be indignant when people are not favourable towards you. You either suck it up and realize you're preaching to the choir here because it ain't gonna change or... you keep doing what you're doing and realize that you aren't winning yourself any brownie points.

and of course the famous disclaimer: JMO.

Sorry my rant went so long.

• Members

It is a matter to debate, actually. Saying that ANYONE "sucks" is an opinion - not a fact.

PUH-LEASE. Clearly you don't know how she got the job. You are so obviously making up this crap and trying to start rumors because you're angry that your hopes of Leon returning have been dashed. Stevie Wonder could see that. :rolleyes:

And as for her music, she had two songs in the Top 10. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah... anyone who believes that isn't playing with a full deck.

How in the name of God is Leon a more qualified actress? Sursok had a lead role on another show for 5 years and won awards for it. Leon only had a year and a half on GH and a cameo on a sitcom that was cancelled after one month.

Yes, of course. Go tell it all to your stuffed cat. :rolleyes:

PRECISELY.

Uhh... and Heyou's comments weren't spiteful and childish?

• Members

And herein lies the problem. My opinions are "asinine"? "Totally blind TS love"? That is unbelievably disrespectful, not only to me, but also to everyone else who likes this actress (and believe me, there are plenty). What if someone attacked you for your "totally blind Lesli Kay love", or started rumors that Lesli Kay was sleeping with someone to keep her job? You'd be pissed as well.

No.

I'm partial to her because she's a good actress. That's all there is to it.

Not everyone thinks she's a talentless hack. As I said to FrenchFan, that's an opinion, not a fact.

I have never taken pot shots at Adrianne Leon because she was sick. I'm glad she's better now. That doesn't mean I have to sugar-coat the fact that I thought she was horrendous as Colleen. (Maybe she was tolerable as Brook Lynn Ashton - I wouldn't know.)

Again, that is VERY insulting. She is just as popular as Leon, if not more so. Not so much on SON, but on other boards. I even know of some TS supporters on SON, who rarely participate in discussions about her because they know they'll be tarred and feathered.

And yet, DeeeDee can start World War III when someone disses Victoria Rowell and still walk on water.

Even when I say something like THAT, Heyou flies off the handle.

I don't know whether Heyou actually believes what she's saying about TS's personal life or she's just plain lying (sleeping with a football team? GMAB!), but one would have to be extremely gullible to believe such cliched nonsense.

I have never intended to present my opinions as anything other than just that. I'm the first to admit that I've gone off the rails at times, but not without provocation.

• Members

I was typing this while you were replying to my post. This was in reply to your first post.

^ Everything you said in this post proves exactly what I said. I consider most people's comments to not be as spiteful or childish as much as them stooping to your level to try to beat you at your own game, but you're too busy being either the embattled victim or the "witty replier" to realize that nobody can get behind you when you operate on a loop all the freakin time.

I look forward to reading more interesting insight from you when TS is actually off the show... and I think you're capable of interesting insight. Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, it's just that that validity diminishes with constant repetition and force-feeding of opinions nobody agrees with and just takes negatively, though I don't even want to hazard a guess as to who will be the next actor you'll champion because years of worshiping at the altar of TS just about has me at the end of my tether.

• Members

Totally blind LK love? Yeah, I blindly love an accomplished Emmy-winning actress who shaved her head to add a bit of truth to a story of a character who has cancer, and who my message board and I created a petition to save, and an actress who contacted me personally to thank me and the board for our efforts and who I became friends with. I promote the message board I have run for her (even though it is dwindling lately) but I don't grandstand and talk about her in the majority of my posts, nor do I try to change people's opinions to the complete opposite of what they seem to almost unanimously be.

Look at how few people speak negatively of LK compared to those who dislike TS.

Admittedly, I did make a cheap shot at you for saying you didn't like Felicia, as you've never really dissed LK. That was just me being heated and unreasonable.

Your opinion of TS is not assinine. Saying she should take the role with her, and by extension stop anyone else from playing it knowing full well it'll piss people off and then acting indignant when it does is assinine.

• Members

You misunderstood my post. I don't dislike Lesli Kay (although I do dislike Felicia). I think Lesli Kay is one of daytime's best. I meant what if people WERE saying things like that about her? What if people WERE saying she kept her job by foul means? How would you react?

• Members

I don't think I'd get too riled up about it because Lesli's reputation has been able to speak for itself. Whenever there have been issues such as someone touting their site as her official etc. Lesli has always come to the board to clear things up. I think that if someone said that about her it probably wouldn't make any difference as to what people think of her because that's just one thing one person says, and if it was a bunch of people then she'd dispel rumours by talking with her fans and being the same down-to-earth woman she's always been.

Lesli's image stands on its own insofar as me not having to constantly defend her. She has done well long before she even knew me and she's never needed me as a cheering section, and I have never intended to be. Continuing to sling mud at people over it just continues the vicious cycle and two wrongs don't make a right.

That said, I'm ready to give this all a rest. I'm no longer going to aggrivate the situation and will simply opt not to reply to anything that can just continue a vicious cycle because it's really just a big waste of energy and time on both of our parts. You will have one less antagonist on this board because I just don't have the time to do battle over a show I can barely stomach enough to give a damn about. I will take my own advice, and let my opinion stand without having to repeat it. Our ongoing animosity ends here, at least on this side.

Archived