ATWT: Casting News

• Members

Was never a fan of AP on Days but he grew on me on ATWT. Sure, he was no Larry Bryggman (!) but he was an upbeat character in a sea of deliberately dark and downbeat souls. I would have preferred that the annoying Katie left and Brad stayed from a story point of view.

If he did get fired because of an affair with an equally-married co-star (and Nelson is saying he did because Michael Park pushed for it), then that shouldn't have happened. Unless it was affecting his work on-set, that shouldn't have happened, regardless of the moral implications of what he was doing. Heck, Roger Howarth was alleged to have had an affair with his co-star and nobody blinked an eye. There was never any thought of getting rid of Podd. Or splitting up Paul/Meg. More's the pity.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Nelson made up the affair Peck's supposedly having, he better batten down the hatches, because making up something like that would kill him in the industry. And shoot me, but this leak is probably coming right from the source---Peck himself. How else do you explain the fawning hope he gets absorbed by some LA soap? Branco was whoring Bratie from minute one. His man-crush on Peck obvious.

It must have some truth in it, but I doubt it's the singular reason he was let go. The role of Brad was vapid from the beginning, and it's no great loss for the show. Peck's contract is probably up in a few months anyway---January would mark his three year anniversary. TIIC have nowhere to go with "happy Bratie"...and that's been evident in the haphazard stories for them since they got married.

• Members

If this is true...i hear it has gotten real nasty....the circumstances....and wow to rumors Park and Peck werent getting along and the cast was happy to see Peck go. And what are these rumors i am hearing that Brad will be killed off and a emmy award winner will return to ATWT?? Seems ATWT is getting better now that December cancellation rumors surface on SOW.

• Members

There was enough brouhaha kicked up about that supposed affair of Roger's...the "accused" had to laugh it off in one of the mags.

Whatever happened, my guess is that there's lingering "tension" between the cheaters, and the affair is now over.

• Members

Oh no... not Simon! Pleeeaaase!

About the unconfirmed affair rumors. That's just what they are right now... unconfirmed. I've talked to AP, but I don't know him personally. But I'd be really shocked if this turns out to be true. It's just the way he talks about his wife... Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

• Members

I don't find the AP affair hard to believe though as with everything and Branco the details don't ring quite true. What I definitely do not believe is that he was fired because of the affair. ATWT has a new headwriter and P&G probably wanted to shave the budget so AP was fired. Julie Pinson should start updating her resume because she will likely be the next to go.

• Members

Well, over at DR, Nelson insists the affair is "on-going" and the "lady" is not happy about his dismissal.

And in the things that make me really go hmmn...department, there's a restraining order involved.

Boy...I'd hate to be the "lady" in question. While it's implied the cast isn't blaming her, that doesn't mean there's not tension about it either. Maybe Peck attitude about it just rubs a lot of people the wrong way. He does seem to be vocal to the point of annoying.

• Members

I think it's so weird that "we" are assuming and speculating on something we know nothing about. Of course people are gonna be curious when a rumor like this pops up. But when people are saying stuff like "I've always found AP to be this and that so it's not surprising... bla bla bla". You don't know him, nobody on here does. So how can anyone sort of judge someone's character and personality on something they've seen in clips, on fan events etc? I just don't understand it. jmo

• Members

Some quick checking on other boards have people saying that TC has also left her husband...

In any case, Brad was never an important character, and as the FOURTH actor to play Brad, Austin Peck while improved since his time on Days couldn't make me like the character that much.

Archived