Victoria Wyndham question

• Members

Nominally I usually stay far away from crazy danfling's site but today I visited and found this bit of infomation...

This story about Wyndham causing a fuss in an ice cream parlor sounds vaguely familiar to me...does anyone know what it was about, or if the poster's disparaging comments about Marlowe and Wyndham are true?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH.....I remember that board! That thing still exists? Really? LOL.

They never classified LA Soaps by name, but rather by description, i.e. "That L.A. Show with the Witch and the Talking Doll" or "That Hourlong Hospital Show." But now they've completely banned discussion of LA Shows? LOL.

• Members

I've poked around, and it seems that shows such as GH, Y&R, and DAYS are "dramatic serials" whilst, come December, OLTL and ATWT will be the only "soap operas" on the air. Note, we do not watch "soaps." We watch "soap operas." "Soaps" consist of Lever 2000 and Irish Spring.

If I recall correctly, there was even a push to not refer to non-P&G and non-CBS shows as soaps either. Loves it.

• Members

LOL, I totally remember someone sharing this anecdote at WoST, I can't remember what the poster's sn was, but yes, I have read that story "firsthand". I don't remember the story going further than that really, just that VW and her son(s) came into the poster's mother's icecream shop in RI and was being a fusspot. I REALLY don't want to embellish so maybe I should just shut up, but I VAGUELY remember that it had something to do with a long line and VW not getting service fast enough. I wish WoST was still around, we could have it figured out. :P

• Members

Ahh I may have seen this on WoST or its an old Usenet story...lol whichever it is it still is familiar to me. The AW board at WOST was always a delight to read with the group of posters who had been viewers during the 70s and 80s and discussed everything from the days of Bill and Missy and Robin Strasser as Rachel to the eventual downfall of the show...in 2006/2007 no less! It was a very unique forum!

Archived