Goutman continues to wear blinders

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

GL Head Writer To ATWT

GUIDING LIGHT co-head writer David Kreizman is heading to sister soap AS THE WORLD TURNS effective immediately. He'll team up with existing head writer Jean Passanante. "I am thrilled that Dave and Jean will make up the new head writing team," said ATWT executive producer Chris Goutman in a statement. "Both writers have an incredible respect for the show's rich history and I am confident this partnership will generate the exciting, character-based stories for which ATWT is known."

Seriously, this is laughable. What is the guy smokin??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lucky Gold is also going over to ATWT.

I love how TPTB that just throw the words "character-driven" out there because they know that's what fans want to hear - even though it's not what they're seeing at all.

• Members

Wow - he'll have the distinction of being on the writing staff of the 2 longest running soaps as they sign off the air. If GL got cancelled because they couldn't hit a 1.8 rating, and ATWT is currently sitting at a 1.6, it's a safe bet that this coming year is ATWT's last.

I also think it's a pretty safe prediction to say that Ellen Wheeler will find a job at ATWT. Most likely as a Director.

• Members

That's my guess. Laiman, Kreizman, Gold and Passanante will write breakdowns (Previously, it was just JP and LL writing all the breakdowns I believe), and the script team will stay the same. Or maybe they'll move Levinson or Rayfield to breakdowns as well, since both have experience on the breakdown end of things. Or maybe they'll rotate the last slot, the way Y&R does with Beall and Conner, with different people moving from breakdown to script and back every week when needed.

• Members

You'd think Chris would get balls and say.....Jean you [!@#$%^&*] ..you are fired!! I've finally had it with your [!@#$%^&*] writing!!....AND HELL NO TO BRINGING ON KREIZMAN....I dont want you kreizman ....I need to find a good writer to possibly save ATWT.

Nope...Goutman has no balls.

• Members

ATWT Meeting

Goutman: I'd like to welcome all you hacks on to the show. You will work nicely with Jean and Co. Let's continue to write ATWT under my vision and not what the fans want. Let's cancel ATWT. I know you guys from GL can do it. You've done it once and Jean and I have done it at AW.

End of meeting. Jean can you come here for a minute

Jean: Yes ....your majesty

Goutman: Think of another story you can recycle again.

Jean: How about another baby story?

Kreitzman(yelling from the hallway); How about a women getting pregnant after menopause?? She also develops cancer and is dying.

Archived