Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Members

I am all for balance on a show and, if TPTB could "balance out" the scenes advancing plot with those establishing all kinds of relationships, that would make me a happy bunny. Bill Bell was excellent at this.

I also wanted to say that I *loved* the Phyllis-Sharon exchange in the chapel. I know everybody is sick of The Quad -- I am, too -- but I am a sucker for these moments when two mortal enemies have an unexpected bonding moment and the possibility that they could even by friendly -- if it weren't for that pesky man we keep fighting over! When Phyllis reached over and squeezed Sharon's knee (or was it her arm?), it gave me the same feeling I had when Nikki got all maternal and protective of her mortal rival, Ashley.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So we have a cliffhanger with Rafe and Adam kissing with Nikki looking on. Why was Adam all of sudden listening to Ashely and Jack in today's show?? WTF?? I hate MAB not finishing off cliffhangers....

• Members

Deacon!!!!!!!!

yr07090923.jpg

I'm so glad he looks like a devil again! I hated when he was softened on B&B. When he was bad, he truly was just about the very worst B&B ever saw.

Of course, this does beg the question...does Y&R need another villain right now?

• Members

Please go away Deacon, I never liked you on B&B, and I do not need to see you take up tons of airtime when half of this show's canvas is being payed to do absolutely nothing.

Of course not, you already knew that though.

How many horny-ass twisted pigs can one show have? Oh, I forgot, those are Maria, Hogan, and Scott's favourite characters...

ETA: Sean Kanan looks like sh!t...

• Members

Of course Nikki has to go to the hospital today just BURSTING with the news that Adam is parking his pickle in Rafe's garage. It's amazing what a huge gossip the Gypsy Rose Lee Of Genoa City is... she'd better watch it, she's gonna get herself in trouble!

• Members

But here's the thing...Deacon is SUPPOSED to look like that. He lives (when he's on point) a very messy life that involves smoking, drinking, rampant screwing...

His suit looks shiny...that's Deacon!

I miss him A LOT, in his bad incarnation, on B&B. (I miss Amber there too). So I'm eager to see if he still sparks with Frantz. I know most of you hate the capers/Scoobies, but I'm thinking he's gonna ramp up the comedy with Amber...and that's not a bad thing IMO.

Was whose pickle was parked in whose garage clarified today?

• Members

Not just the character's appearance, but Kanan is aging horribly.

Stop right there. LOL!

If I wanted good comedy, I'd watch a sitcom. If I wanted a soap that knew how to use humour properly, I'd look at some old Santa Barbara episodes.

Fact is, Amber is already a deeply polarizing character, and adding more characters that have ties to her isn't going to make a lot of people happy. Especially since both Amber and Deacon's history took place at ANOTHER show.

I'm not in a mood to see more stupidity from the Scobby gang and company...

• Members

Some things I didn't like about today besides the cliffhanger not continued:

1. The Chimpmunk s h i t is back again. Why? This sh i t sucks.

2. So now Sharon and Ashley are expecting at the same time?? Ashley's been pregnant for some time now. She is showing and Sharon isnt showing at all. Sharon was still romping with her pimps and Ashely was already pregnant.

• Members

If they don't have anything else for Jana and Kevin to do than that ridiculous chimpmunk crap then fire the two actors. I've lost all interest in Kevin anyways and Jana has always been a bore to me. A useless piece of trash character with no ties to GC.

• Members

I like Rikaart. I do think it is a struggle to find him a story that is not larcenous, and doesn't play off his "damage".

For now, if it were me (and I'm saying that as someone who has said "too much death on Y&R"), the next big beat would be Jana's beautiful death by brain tumor. I'd let Kevin play the Ryan O'Neal role in Love Story, and I'd really milk it. I'd have him contrive all kinds of beautiful experiences for Jana before she goes. It would be a tour de force for both.

I can't say I know what after that, although I think somehow the widower finding his way through life, and eventually finding love again (ideally with Adrienne Leon's Colleen) could be an interesting direction.

But it would also work for me, after the Love Story arc, if Kevin had to leave town to get his head together. I love Rikaart, but I'd accept his departure in the interest of canvas-clearing.

Archived