DAYS: Ari Zucker is 4th quickest to 100 episodes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found DOOL more fun then. The island with the force field and the ever fab Jan Spears is what got me hooked on DOOL. Now I see DOOL as half great and half suck. The great is Victor and the Stefano and their feud. The bad is EJ, Sam and Nicole and the ABC style of writing where you have airhogs on perpetually, worthless women who only define themselves by their babies, and couples who basically have nothing to talk about but are on front burner anyway. I'd rather watch Tony and John sword fight under a volcano than listen to Nicole and EJ discuss their relationship for the 400th time.

• Members

I loved that. I started watching soaps with GH and Luke battling it out against a baddie for a magical sword that could rule the world or whatever, and to me OLTL was never better than Eterna and the two Bo Buchanans. So after a decade and a half of wandering lost watching dreary medical dramas and nauseating baby sagas, I found DOOL and it was the most I could hope for. JER would just go from genre to genre, mystery-women's prison-comic book heroics--and I was mesmerized. And then just when it looked like the story was over he threw in a giant tidal wave!

The only thing I ask in a serial is that it be serialized. I don't need mature human drama or even families or romance. That's fine, but no more or less fine than silly superhero sagas or zombies starring in a musical. It's all genre and all genres are created equally.

Since he left, 31 flavors got trimmed down to about three. It's just babies, babies and more babies. I think since JER left Sami has had 3 kids, and thats all Nicole ever talks about is this kid. I do like the feud though. I will give the hack that. That is good stuff. But the rest of the show is becoming FF material.

• Members
I used to really despise the character of Nicole back in the day as well. I hated it how she told Eric she had cancer and stole him away from Greta. Yuck!

But her 2nd run on the show is sort of different. imo She's one of my favorite characters these days. Wishing for a better SL for her though.

Archived