Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

Parenthood: Discussion Thread

Question for anyone who watches this show.

I've seen a couple of episodes and some partials and cannot put my finger on the technique they use. I don't know whether it's the way it's filmed or the direction but I am convinced that there must be some term for it. It kind of comes across to me as if they filmed a rehearsal of the scenes because there is this raw quality to it which makes the scenes appear more realistic.

If this makes any sense at all, does anyone know what it's called?

The people who are making the show are the people who made Friday Night Lights (the series) which also used a realistic film technique and they improvised a lot too.

Here's a link to an article how FNL did its shooting: http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/03/the_revolutiona.html

Toups, did you not get that Max might be gay? This is just my speculation, but I kind of felt that was the reason he felt odd talking about his sexual preference.

I keep seeing people say that. I didn't pick up on that but I have a mental shield around anything with Max because the character annoys me so much.

I keep seeing people say that. I didn't pick up on that but I have a mental shield around anything with Max because the character annoys me so much.

I'm just glad Drew isn't gay because he's such a p*ssy that it would just send a bad message! ohmy.png

Toups, did you not get that Max might be gay? This is just my speculation, but I kind of felt that was the reason he felt odd talking about his sexual preference.

No, I didn't pick up on that. I thought Max was just being Max when he didn't want to talk anymore.

It's hard to watch Max because of the "selfish" behaviour that comes with his condition.

Tuesday's episode was probably my favorite yet. I really hope the show gets renewed its probably my favoritw show right now. It feels so real. Its nice to see more of Julia and Joel and Crosby and Jasmine as well.

Tuesday's episode was probably my favorite yet. I really hope the show gets renewed its probably my favoritw show right now. It feels so real. Its nice to see more of Julia and Joel and Crosby and Jasmine as well.

So I never watched this show before, but caught the last two shows and found it actually to be a good show. But the season finale seemed like a series finale to me. Did anyone else notice that. I know the show has very low ratings, but u think it will come back?

So I never watched this show before, but caught the last two shows and found it actually to be a good show. But the season finale seemed like a series finale to me. Did anyone else notice that. I know the show has very low ratings, but u think it will come back?

The last season finale felt like a series finale as well. It's just Jason Katims being careful, but I don't think we have anything to worry about.

I felt the same way. This is the first full seaaon I have watched. I wish I had picked it up sooner. If that were to be the finale I think it left in a good place.

Yeah, the season finale felt like a series finale with everyone getting a happy ending. Loved the adoption scene with everyone there. I had a huge smile while watching that scene. LOL I watch so many dark shows so it's always good to have at least one show that makes you feel good inside.

Wow, this show just knocks it out of the park every week. This shortened season has been amazing, and Bonnie Bedelia's stoic Camille breaks my heart in each of her scenes, holding back from crying. Ray Romano has shined as his character has grown in the last 2 years. I'm going to miss the Braverman's, one of television' s best families.

What a great finale! I'm going to miss the Braverman's too. The show had so much heart and I'm happy everyone got a happy ending. I'm very thankful to NBC for keeping this show alive when they should've cancelled it due to low ratings. How come we can't get a daytime soap that features a family like the Braverman's? I want to see their stories 5 days a week.