Another World

• Members

I was looking through a Digest from mid-1986 and they mention rumors that Judi Evans was going to join her then-fiance, Chris Whitesell, at AW. I guess that was just a rumor, but I wonder who she would have played. I can see her as Vicky/Marley.

What did you guys think of Rhonda Lewin?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, she was on for a few months in summer/fall 1981. She was Barbara Wilde's (AW alum Judith Barcroft) bitchy frenemy on the Proud and the Passionate. She would "joke" about Barbara being old and fat.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I didn't know that Lenore/Ann was on RH. Interesting. I'd like to check Ellen out, you know, you never think about these things until it's too late. They probably won't make it all the way back to '81 again. :( If you ever come across anything on YouTube, please link me. :)

• Members

Judith was on the show from summer 1981 to early 1982. She played Barbara Wilde the neurotic soap star who had spent 25 years on the Proud on the Passionate as the lead heroine and was obsessive about every detail. She knew that her career was over when the show was (and it was close to being canceled -- a lot of her outrage about the changes in the show basically is a mirror to the exact same stuff killing a lot of longrunning soaps at this time). She dated Seneca but got upset when she realized he didn't want her. She then choked on a canape and Roger had to save her life but she sued him because she claimed his milogram made her paralyzed. She was faking. The story became much less interesting when it became about the lawsuit and stopped being about the soap. Like many stories on the show at this time it felt made up as it went along and also lazy.

Judith did not get along with John Gabriel/Seneca, and frankly, you could tell when they're onscreen together.

There isn't a lot of her on Youtube. If I ever learn how to put my tapes onto Youtube you will see more! For now, here's a Casablanca fantasy:

Judith also talks about RH in this interview, along with AMC and AW. Her story about going back to AW as a day player always makes me sad.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/02/wls-interview-archive-judith-barcroft.html

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

THANKS! OMG, that Casablanca scene was so weird! :lol: The visual of Judith all decked out in a wheelchair fake playing that piano with the finesse of a three-year-old and affecting that Nancy Marchand-meets-Sally Kellerman voice, oh my. It got incredibly more interesting when Delia started to dance across the room and snatched the notes. Roscoe Born was so young.

Thanks for the WLS interview, I think I only read part 1 and forgot to go back.

• Members

I like Ellen's girlish voice. :lol: She could have played Roya Megnot's big sis. Love my dark brunette vixens. ^_^ Uhhh, is that Bill Blass? :unsure:

Oh, and Ellen and Cusi Cram REALLY favored one another around this time.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I'd forgotten Cassie was already on the show when Ellen temped for Robin.

Randall Edwards and Roscoe Born were getting together at this time in real life. They have nice chemistry onscreen (he had none with Ann Gillespie, probably best known as Kelly's loser mother on 90210).

The best Delia fantasy was, "HELLO, DELIA!", but I guess that belongs more in the RH thread. :lol:

What the hell...

Back on topic for AW, here's Morgan Freeman a year or two before he was cast in Bay City.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

The episodes end on 10/5/1992.. just before Donna Swajeski left as headwriter and replaced with the associate writer Peggy Sloane and some other guy. Since telenext stopped uploading episodes before the changing of the guard, I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference in tone, story, characters, etc after the changeover? For instance, was there any sudden storyline shifts, character departures, character changes, etc?