GH: May Discussion Thread

• Members

Mo, yes.

Steve, idk. He doesnt do it for the money, thats for sure, and i do think if someone came in and said here, play this, he would. He does a power play because they let him. I cn see SB adapting to change, but not MB or TG.

I really dont see JT leaving, ever. He is like Becky - a lifer. I also dont think he has been taken under MB's wing, so much as MB likes him and they get along.

JT has worked well eith everyone they have chem tested him with. esp LW and BH and LL. There is plenty of options for him and patrick.

Robin? Not so much. The only other person they could pair her with would be Jason IMHO. Maybe Lucky if the acotrs have chem..

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe that there would be this mass exodus if Guza left which is he is never going to anyway. Acting work is hard to come by, especially in this economy. The reality is that these people have families that need a steady income and good health insurance. None of them are independently wealthy and can afford to quit. They would all suck it up stay. Kim McCullough even stated in the last Branco interview that although she was interested in pursuing her writing, that she was re-signing for the security.

• Members

But if McCullough get a decent writing or directing gig? I think that is where her heart is. Sarah Brown's, too (at least the directing part). But I get the security thing. I have heard both Burton and Benard saying that they only trusted Guza with their characters. I can see that. Maybe Guza is not the worst of a bad bunch. Maybe they fear who Frons would hire as a replacement. I understand that it was Benard's outright refusal to play the Angel Boris SL that resulted in MMT getting canned.

• Members

Really? That's an interesting assessment. I always got the impression that he was waiting for a chance at Primetime. Nothing concrete, just a vibe I got. He certainly has the looks for it. Becky Herbst and

Ric Hearst? I always assumed they were lifers.

But the JT/MB friendship is quite obvious from interviews. MB really seems to respect him. It shows on-screen, too.

• Members

Of course, if these actors got better opportunities that brought a good income, they would leave, but not one of them is leaving just because Guza is fired or quits . He is not that important in their lives. He skipped off to NBC when he got Sunset Beach without a second thought and MB and SBur did not follow him. I think that MB and SBur do the necessary sucking up to get what they want from Guza and that is all. Guza won't be replaced, but if it ever happened they would deal with it. They would have no choice. Neither of them is Ric Hearst who can get another soap gig in a snap.

• Members

Well Robin consulted her diary after learning Ethan's birthdate (though the date itself was not mentioned onscreen we got a general time frame). So apparently Luke and Holly's romp in Singapore took place at the same time that Robert was in PC helping Anna deal with Bert Ramsey (A.K.A Mr Big) in late 1986 (real time of course) placing Ethan's birth around the time that Holly was was initially presumed dead and (supposedly) in a coma (I'd love for GH to confirm this by having Holly actually tell Ethan that the reason she gave him up was because she had no choice and was in a coma).

So perhaps Holly didn't like it that Robert went off to help Anna sort out Ramsey, found herself in Singapore and ended up cheating on Robert with the only man that she would probably ever cheat on Robert with. I think Robert mentioned that he and Holly were having marital difficulties when she was presumed dead.

Of course while this may seem to definitively prove that Luke is the father, I think there's still a slim chance for Robert to be the dad because Robin based her assumptions on Ethan being a full term baby, they've mentioned "nine months" at least twice now.

• Members

i would agree with you but for all the press quotes from tony geary when he's nominated for a daytime emmy. he goes on and on about how happy he is, how it's so great to be recognized at his age, that he's happy with the writing, blah, blah, blah.

in addition to everything else, TG is annoying because he seems to respect the daytime emmy awards, a total crapfest.

• Members

I wouldn't place much significance on the timeline. Remember Ethan was not only conceived while Burt Ramsey was Mr Big, but he is also, to quote Lucky, the same age as Lulu. Guza couldn't remember Emily was adopted, you think he can remember what year Burt Ramsey was on the show? :lol:

• Members

Yeah you are absolutely right there, when it all comes down to it timelines don't really have that much significance in the grand scheme of things, expecially with SORASing and a revisionist history headwriter involved. But for now the Bert Ramsey reference has made it a lot easier to rationalize where Ethan is supposed to fit in. I mean it still doesn't completely gel with the emotional history of the characters (and Lucky's comment about Ethan being Lulu's age throws things off too but Sorasing always does that) but at least there is a general time frame in which to place him in. So until Guza contradicts himself (which i'm certain he will eventually) i'm taking the Bert Ramsey reference and running with it for the time being.

Archived