Y&R: Katherine's wedding - spoiler

• Members

'The Young and the Restless' wedding has Jill on crash course

By Carolyn Hinsey

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, May 1st 2009, 4:00 AM

Jill crashes Katherine's wedding next week on "The Young and the Restless," and it won't be pretty.

"She gets drunk with Gloria and Jeff," says Jess Walton, who plays angry Jill Abbott. "Gloria is really jealous that Jill was invited. She would kill for an invitation to that wedding, but she can't get Katherine's attention."

Katherine was thought to be Jill's mother for years, but a recent DNA test proved otherwise. As the alcohol flows, Jeffrey teases Jill that the nuptials are in her former home and she's not even going.

"Jeffrey says, 'Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on your house so they don't destroy it?' That's what gets Jill over there."

Jill's former daughter-in-law Nina catches Jill stumbling in just as the wedding march begins.

"Nina locks her in a closet," says Walton with a laugh. "They do flash-cuts from the wedding to Jill in the closet. It's so great. Lauren finds her and lets her out."

And then it's here comes the snide.

"Jill comes into the room where Katherine and Murphy are getting married and announces loudly that she is there. [Her son] Cane grabs her and tries to hush her. She's embarrassing everyone, including herself. At the end of the wedding, she confronts Katherine drunkenly and gets really out of hand. Billy and Cane rush her out."

Jill admits to her sons that she still wants a relationship with Katherine.

"But then she hits on the bartender and sleeps with him at the GCAC," says Walton.

Is Jill turning into a drunk?

"No," says Walton. "Jill gets drunk once in a while so that she can go off, but it's not a problem. If it was, she'd have to get sober and that would ruin the opportunity to let her go off the deep end."

Jill's next move turns out to be even worse than crashing her "mother's" wedding.

"She's got a plan to move back into the mansion," says Walton. "Jill resents that the whole world loves Katherine, and they don't know how cruel she can be."

Jill can be pretty cruel herself.

"I really missed Jill being bad," says Walton of Jill's recent walk on the mild side. "But this is pretty bad!"

Comings and goings: Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny) and Nancy St. Alban (Michelle) are returning to "Guiding Light." ... Martha Byrne (ex-Lily, "ATWT") is joining "General Hospital." "All I know is that I'm playing the mayor's wife, and it's recurring," says Byrne. "But from what I hear, it's going to be fun."

[email protected]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word! Jess Walton is eating it up with a spoon too, I couldn't believe watching Monday's US episode when Jill came onto the bartender who is like half her age :LOl and now to find out he actually DOES take her up on her offer..... Jill is back :)

• Members

I think I'd enjoy this more if we hadn't already had months of Jill yelling at Kay. I would like to see more of the next beat of the story (hopefully), which is focusing on the more complicated parts of their relationship.

Archived