A to da M to da C-izzle: Friday, May 1, 2009

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*puts hands over ears* "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I won't believe it! I won't believe that this is actual dialogue, that went through the scripting, editing, shooting and broadcasting process. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. No, No, No."

• Members

LOL... allow me to explain...

No. Amanda L. Beall. The Tom Casiello of AMC -- people were believing her to be the savior of All My Children. :rolleyes: There were actually people who thought that since she "knows how to write Zendall" that she was the best script writer on staff. You know -- better than Karen Lewis, Jeff Beldner and Michelle Patrick who had been with the show for two decades. Nooooooo! Amanda L. Beall, who had only been with the show for about 3 years, was the best writer for this show because she wrote good Zendall scenes. Double :rolleyes:

All the stuff in the passage in that post isn't actual dialogue written by Beall. However, the words/phrases in bold are actual things spoken in AMC scripts (Heels, puddle, splat is from Beall's first Y&R script) that were credited to be written by ALB. I was just joking with Khan about Beallisms... using as many as I could in a post -- which wasn't easy because they're all sh!t.

• Members

No, I knew it was ALB. You don't hear words like, "Open bed, insert slut," from just any dialogue writer, lol. But, I thought YRBB, in their response, was quoting "the Bugler".

And now that the joke is sufficiently dead? Off to the corner, I slink.

• Members

Amen..... its hard to believe once upon a time he was one of my favourite characters..... now everytime I see him I just groan..... <_<

So sounds like Friday was pretty decent.... guess I will have to find it online.... I didn't watch a single show last week..... was never home at 1pm and wasn't compelled to put a DVD in the recorder :o

• Members

During McTavish's 1998-1999 stint as headwriter, Opal was used frequently, and had some of her best material in many years with the Adrian story and the breakup with Palmer (I was not a fan of that couple, although I hated the Nazi art storyline). I never knew why she was used so rarely during McTavish's last return.

Archived