A to da M to da C-izzle: Friday, May 1, 2009

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fo' shizzle my Kizzle!

Heels, puddle, splat! So go power trip on somebody your own size, bitchcakes, because this isn't a bitchtatorship. Open bed, insert slut, you skanky little tramp. Don't make me call the tabs and narc you out. If you shut me down, they'll be calling the coroner to cut you open.

:wacko: That was a lot of work! :wacko:

• Members

See what I'm saying? There's no pleasing anybody. Just three years ago, everyone was bitching because Julia Barr and Jill Larson were reduced to recurring.

Now, Jill and Opal are being used (and beautifully, IMO. Jill/Opal rocked it in this episode) and yet there's still that voice in the room who is not content.

Moving on...

Denise Vasi needs to give it up. It's dreadful to watch her attempts at "grief and worry" in the shadows of Debbi Morgan's effortless portrayal. Seriously. It took Angie's reaction to Natalia's phone call for me to know that something was seriously wrong. Randi can drop all the picture frames she wants and sit there with a blank look on her face surrounded by that horrendous newscaster hair of hers... I still didn't buy into it.

I've been incredibly harsh on Beth Ehlers and Taylor -- I honestly can say that I appreciate both the actress and the character now. I actually believe BE/Taylor has been to Iraq and back... instead of in Peapack, New Jersey!

And Brot -- why the hell am I always smiling when I see him onscreen? It's this weird, inexplicable feeling of "Ahhhh... Brot's here. Everything's going to be fine now," kind of feeling.

Angie, if you're going to keep that candle burning until Frankie comes home safe, please keep it clear of anything flammable.

Zach and Liza Lunar. I don't get it.

One quick question about Adam and the Satin Ribbon... I was watching an episode of Snapped on Oxygen the other day. A woman claimed to have been bound with duct tape as intruders broke into her home and killed her husband (which she later was convicted of setting the whole thing up). They found a fingerprint on the duct tape... Okay, here's where I'm going. If the police department found the the satin ribbon and held it as evidence -- and Adam was fondling the ribbon as he was in Stuart's recollection -- wouldn't Adam's fingerprints show up on it?

I guess the question wasn't that quick at all. Goodnight!

• Members

Lots of bad acting on the show today. Brianne Moncrief was astonishingly horrible, Denise Vasi was dreadful, and that chick who plays Marissa ain't cuttin' it for me. It's unbelievable how awful the young cast is on AMC these days.

But the actor who plays Brot...now he is a FIND. To bounce off of Debbi Morgan like that, you have to have talent.

• Members

1 thing I didnt like. Liza had NO reaction to seeing that the wife of the husband she screwed was Kendall. I didnt expect for her to tell Zach, but I did expect to see something in her eyes or some type of sign of surprise. It was if she didnt recognize her

So is Krystal going to tell David that Marissa is his daughter before or after they hook up?

• Members

Yep - its official - I'm LOVING my show again. This week has been awesome! I'm back to that feeling of 'I can't wait to see the next show', which I haven't felt in a long time.

The Satin Slayer/Dixie storyline has been really intriguing - most likely because there are lots of characters involved and interacting. The Erica/Adam stuff is great - I love how she is taking care of him. I love how David is creating Adam's sickness. I love how Opal is being utilized all the time now. I love how Stuart/Scott are in the mix. And of course Tad/Dixie are my all-time favorite couple, so having their relationship sort of being the heart of the storyline is nice.

I'm actually enjoying the Krystal/David/Marissa stuff - I didn't think I would bc it is crazy contrived - but I am. At first I didn't enjoy Krystal going to the 'dark side' and leaving Tad and Adam's orbit, but I love watching Bobbie in this 'new role', and she works well off Vincent.

Liza and Zach are really working for me now. I just love the way they are sexual and flirty - I think Zach has finally found his match. Hannah was close, but Liza has this extra quality about her that just makes me enjoy watching Zach. Zach and Kendall are SO played out. It feels like Zach has to put up with and babysit this childish shrew, and that is annoying as hell.

So if only we could get Denise Vasi and Brianne Moncrief OUT - they both lack any sort of talent. I've always been on the fence with Moncrief, but her scenes with Erica and David today were HORRIBLE. Denise has always been horrible, and it is hard to watch her pretend to be scared about Frankie when you have Debbi Morgan just bringing it. Morgan made me tear up today, Vasi made me roll my eyes and not care.

Oh and I'm really digging Taylor/Beth E again. I really liked her when she first came on, then her paralysis and Iraq hard-on really made me hate her, but now I'm back to really loving her again. She was great today, and I really like her with Brot. I hope those two are featured more often this month.

• Members

I'm glad she's out of that orbit. Have been from the very beginning. She never should've been with Adam... and Tad? OMG! That hypocritical, fickle son of a bitch is never good for any woman on this show. He ruined Liza. He ruined Dixie. He made me despise Krystal even more because she was being made into this perfect housewife -- when that blow job giving, baby stealing skank is anything but that. Now that she's with David, I don't mind her so much.

Kendall really and truly is her mother's first born -- because this brat refuses to grow up, too. It's getting to the point that the only things Kendall is good for are Kids and Komas... and she doesn't even take care of the kids.

I soooo agree. Morgan's standing there acting her guts out, and here's Vasi with "Oh, no. Frankie was ambushed..." :mellow: I got the sense that Angie was really terrified she'd lost her son, and Randi was just kinda bummed that she lost her guaranteed penis, and really irritated at the fact that she might have to find another one... not that her husband might've been killed in combat.

• Members

I tuned in on SOAPnet last night and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good.

Word on all of the Denise Vasi comments. She's a gorgeous, gorgeous woman, but daaaaamn. Even Shannon Kane is starting to act circles around her. Shannon Kane! I scream her name because I kept wondering when Yaya came back until I realized she was Natalia. I didn't get to see the whole thing...exactly what is going on with my Frankie? I know that he went back to duty, but is he missing or something? Poor Angie!

I'm not feeling Liza at all. She feels nothing at all like MW's Liza, and I know that you have to be accepting of recasts and all...but sorry, I just can't accept her when she's almost nothing at all like the Liza she used to be. People change, but do they change THAT much over 4 years? Not feeling her return at all. Pairing her up with Zachass does nothing to help her cause at all. He's a black hole that sucks everything down into an abyss of unhealthy depression. Hence why I love Kendall with almost anybody but him.

JR needs his ass kicked. And if I haven't said it already, Erica + Chandlers = AWESOMENESS.

• Members

I think she's OK when I pretend she is a different character who happens to have the name Liza. I just wish she wasn't with Zach. He's a monster and seeing this once phenomenal character reduced to being his booty call throws me out of the story.

• Members

You need to relax and re-read what I've posted. I'm happy to see Jill and Opal. I'm not happy that Pratt has started out his last two big storylines (tornado and Dixie cold case) the same way, and that is with a premonition of Opal's. I'd like to see Jill used in a different way. And no, I don't mean just as background. I just want her in a storyline that doesn't involve Opal's sixth sense.

• Members

I'm loving all the use of Opal, and I'm glad that Pratt has taken a liking to the character. The writer claimed she loved the "classic" AMC characters, like Opal, but you sure wouldn't know it by watching the show during her tenure - Opal was seen once or twice a month, if that;there were even a few periods when she wasn't seen for months (It would've made sense to throw Jill more airtime once Dixie returned, but example, but Opal only had a few scenes with her). Ridiculous. She was also a blip on the B&E radar.

• Members

She's not all that great w/ comas, either, if you ask me. Remember the one she had where her voice-over self wouldn't shut the hell up? And even laying motionless on a hospital bed, girlfriend still had more airtime than other characters who were conscious!

Archived