Interview with the creators of Pratt Falls

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I go back and forth on this Pratt Falls phenomenon. There's plenty of great commentary there but at the same time it reminds me of Star Trek fans speaking Klingon.

As for the interview with the creators, I can't help but agree with many of their points.

• Members

I enjoyed that first spate of Pratt Falls and imitators, but I have made no effort to follow it since. The originality of the first bits were part of their charm.

But I worry a little bit about it "becoming the story" when we now have interviews with the creators. Pratt Falls worked as honest commentary in a satirical context.

This is more evidence that the internet is going to kill the magazines forever. Who is going to be satisfied sending a letter/email to the SOD "Sound Off" column if they can go to Extranormal (or whatever that site is) and be far more creative?

• Members

Really, I was being serious. I wasn't sure if Zendall Fan's post meant that Rianca fans are the ones who created "Pratt Falls" and that Zendall fans loved "Rianca fans" for doing that... or if Rianca fans created some sort of "problem" (as in, a situation or state-of-the-show Zendall Fan doesn't like) and that Zendall fans loved "Pratt Falls" as some sort of perceived solution / response to that problem..... or any combination of those.

That's where she lost me with her comment.

I don't live in a world where a "Rianca fan" is automatically a mortal enemy of a "Zendall fan" - so that may be part of my perplexion! :lol:

In other news... Count me in as not being crazy about anyone's attempt to turn "Pratt Falls" into the next big soap-related thing. To me, it's kind of like Octomom: Momentarily interesting, but not really worthy of the media's attention.

• Members

This thread is a perfect example of why I think the Pratt Falls thing won't amount to anything. These women make some excellent, valid points but those points get lost in the fanbase stuff.

Rianca, Zendall, who cares? The creators mention legitimate points about what's killed ALL soaps not just AMC: cheap sex, misogyny, violence, bringing characters back from the dead, etc... but in the end it turns into a fanbase war: Rinks vs Zendall. That's the equivalent of the Federation vs. the Klingon Empire or actually I guess its Klingons vs. Romulans or Romulans vs. Remans.

Or to put it in the language of fanbase/shipping:

Lost: Skaters v. Jaters v. Jackets v. Suliets

House: Huddy, v. Hameron v. Hilson

Heroes: Mylar v M&M

IOW, if you know enough about any of this that means you're still watching and that's all they care about.

Archived