AMC: Pratt on May Sweeps

• Members

I'm sure some are upset because of that, but it doesn't mean Pratt or Guza or McTavish or B&E were or are genius writers because a big, not so beloved fanbase disliked or dislikes them. IJS.

Khan, that was delicious.

So he's saying he's not responsible for much anything that aired before this May? That it was him cleaning up for the writers before him, specifically McTavish? McTavish brought in Rebecca (the wife Jesse married 5 minutes after going into hiding), and Zach and Bianca's child, and bi-sexual gay Reese, and David's A3 obsession and druggings? Okay, lol.

The ratings stabalized and went up with McTavish for 2 solid years there and then she had several upward trends after that, that didn't exactly make her exempt to criticism from fans.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dp, I put it back up in the post before Khan's. It just needed an edit.

I never said you said that, just pointing it out ;)

ETA

Pratt, I think he could write good if there was somebody on his behind that had control over him. He's like a less grounded McTavish. He seems to have massive attention issues - he might actually have ADD so I don't mean to make a joke out of that. Storyline wise, he's doing a lot of the same things that made McTavish so unpopular. IMO, he's bringing up Dixie and opening that wound (as if the pancake death wasn't bad enough) just for a plot point to kill off another beloved character. Personally, I don't have as much of a problem with Stuart being killed off like this as I would with Myrtle or Joe or Palmer or Adam but still a lot of fans do.

• Members

Faster paced? Yeah if you mean 98% of stuff happens OFFSCREEN, and things LITERALLY change from day to day.

Nelson Branco even talked about how storylines were changing every week (he was going to have Bianca return with cancer, then was going to have Reese sleep with Zach AND Ryan).

More balance? Not really.

The worst writers? I'd say Pratt has taken that title from B&E, he's so bad he makes them look GOOD, hell he makes McT look like a brilliant writer

• Members

Yeah things aren't working, so lets go back to something that has already been proven to not work. It is quite the mystifying logic. The same thing was said when B&E were writing.... they made McT's stuff look watchable.... the next headwriter thus will make Pratt's material look watchable. Just because one writer is bad does not make another bad writer look brilliant. Makes zero sense.

• Members

Like DP said I TOTALLY AGREE 100%

Many people who dislike Pratt are Zendall fans. I am glad Pratt did that, because IMO they were getting boring and B&E put them on our screen 99% of the time. Zendall would have been more tolarable if B&E did not show them 99% of the time.

Like I said many people may not like them put Pratt has been able to stablize the ratings so something must be going right with the show wether you like it or not.

Also a true fan of a soap doesn't care for just one couple, but for what's best for the show.

• Members

And many people who dislike Pratt are not fans of that pairing. I think being part of a fanbase colors your opinion, be it a character or couple or show or head writer, but not to that point that the opinion becomes completely irrelevant. The opinion just becomes colored and looked at with that color.

Pratt airs them as much as B&E (there's other factors now: AM's vacation, RB leaving), he just airs David's crew a lot too versus say another set of younger "hot" characters.

Personally I don't think ruining things improves them. I think it just ruins things and then you're lucky if you can salvage anything out of it. For example, I'll never like Bianca and Kendall's relationship how I used too and I don't feel like that's a plus. I feel like I lost something that was just absolutely wonderful and that touched me. I don't feel like I gained anything out of that at all, nor do I feel the characters or relationship have/has.

So in your opinion Pratt is best for the show, right? Are you saying if somebody disagrees with that they don't care what's best for the show and aren't a true fan of the show? I ask that, because I actually think their are more people in this thread having problems with Pratt that aren't fans of the aforementioned pairing than their are fans of the pairing.

• Members

You go, girl. :lol:

It's been ages since I genuinely enjoyed watching AMC (probably, before some of you were even born, lol!), and Pratt has done nothing thus far to change my opinion(s). If anything, I think the show has become even more shallow and gimmicky under his pen! Honestly, I wish Ryan, Kendall, Zach, Annie, Aidan, David, Amanda, JR, Krystal, Jake, Taylor, Brot, Frankie, Colby, and Randi would all go away so I would get "my show" back.

Sorry. Just ranting....

Archived