Guiding Light-ways to survive

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, so here is where I confirm my status as an idiot. I might actually watch that. I'm a sucker for inspirational, manipulative pap. Our House. I was there. Little House on the Prairie? Yup. Highway to Heaven. Uh huh. Finder of Lost Loves? Even that. Seventh Heaven. Well, I would have tuned in for Barry Watson, but I was getting a little old for that stuff by then.

• Members

For a show that is "dead," GL is featuring the most progessive story I have seen in the last 20 years. Believe me, there has been a lot wrong with the show for many years (yeah you, Ashlee, Dasiy, Cyrus, Marina, Mallet, Grady, and Rafe), but the "Otalia" story is so raw, so real, and so believable that it really is hard to hear that this show is "dead." Everything being equal, we would be able to assume we have would have a great Headwriter and Exec Producer; the only challenge being, finding the show a home and have it make some money.

• Members

I think the only hope is for them to get monster ratings these next few months (which shouldn't be too hard if the s/l's and quality stay as good as they've been - I can't remember the last time I reached for that FF button lately) and hope someone jumps at the chance to keep not only a landmark show, but one that keeps increasing in viewership despite it's cancellation from the network. I would love to see them sneak up on B&B in the ratings or that coveted 18-49 category by June - heck, maybe we'd get lucky enough for CBS to eat a little crow and at least regret their decision if not reverse it...

Archived