ALL: Top Soap Moments/Stories of All Time

• Members

I was just looking at soaphunks.net (a boy can dream, can't he?) and saw they're 100 top moments in soap history. I agree with a lot of what it said, but I would definitely change/add some new ones. Let's post what we think are the soap moments and see what we come up with.

OLTL: Marcie takes Viki hostage at the Bonjour Cafe

This moment, in my opinion, was the top moment on One Life to Live in the past two-and-a-half years. It was the culmination of Viki's time in Texas and Marcie's run from the law with Tommy. It involved a large chunk of the cast in one way or another and showcased powerhouse performances from Erika Slezak and Kathy Brier.

GH: Elizabeth is raped

This devastating incident produced my all-time favorite love story on GH, Liz and Lucky. It revisited Luke's rape of Laura and played out for years, as the Spencer family fell apart and Elizabeth struggled to be comfortable in her own skin.

These are all I have time for now. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH's rape of Elizabeth is my top story. Of all time. It was also my first GH story. The way it played out was perfection. Becky really played the scenes well. JJ was amazing as Lucky. The way it used the history of Luke & Laura and brought that rape back up after all those years. Bobbie was also great in that storyline. Its also is with Liz to this day. It deeply changed her and effects who she has become. I loved it when she brought it up to Lulu when Lulu found out about Luke raping Laura. I loved the scene where Liz is at Lucky's and Luke comes home and scares the [!@#$%^&*] out of her. Tony's monologue is also fantastic. This was also perhaps the last soap opera rape story done right. It wasnt graphic and in your face, it was about the drama. It was about Liz. it was about the effects of those around her.

GH's maxie/bobbie heart storyline goes without syaing, along with robin/stones love story.

• Members

For GH (at least since I am watching)

Luke seeing Laura after she returned in 1983

Lucy revealing the mouse was really a man eater in a silent transformation scene

Heather writng Anne's name in blood

Felicia realizing just whose heart Maxie received

Tiffany and Sean's wedding when the minister said her real name and Sean was looking "who?"

• Members

I really love those group/umbrella stories.

I LOOOVED Terror Island and Shockwave on Sunset Beach. LOVED IT! Shockwave was probably the best produced disaster on soaps.

I also loved Greta's coronation on DAYS. I guess that's not really a storyline, but rather an event. But okay. :D Also, Metro Court Crisis on GH.

But I did love Baby Switch storyline on DAYS. It went on two long, yes, but I loved it. I was there from the beginning till end.

Matt Carter's revenge on Y&R is probably one of my top 3 storylines ever. How he infiltrated Nick and Sharon's lives with a new face, became their friend, then tried to rape Sharon, and after he didn't, he still convinced them he did, after which they thought Sharon's baby was his. Then basically killing himself to frame Nick. LOVED IT! Rick Hearst was AMAZING!

I also loved that business storyline on Y&R with Safra and Tuvia, where Victor was eventually charged with corruption, after Nick called the cops on him. It did cause Vicky to leave town eventually, but it was great. Had such a good fall out, but I also liked the intro to the story as well.

• Members

Santa Barbara- '

Gina, Kelly and the tape

Santana/Cruz/Eden/Kirk

Elena Capwell and her Murder

Eden/Robert/Kelly

Days of our Lives-Kristen/John/Marlena

Who's the Daddy? Roman or John?

Stefano's Island (the first go-round in the 80s)

The Young & the Restless

Jill Owns 1/2 the Chancellor Mansion

Victor's "Death/ Victor & Hope/Newman & Jabot

Katherine's "Death"

Diane takes Victor to Divorce Court

The Bold & the Beautiful

Brooke & BeLief

The Thorne/Brooke saga

All My Children

Adam's Company is Responsible for Liza's Plane Crash

Michael Cambias Murder

Hayley/Alec/Arlene

Brooke's Tubal Pregnancy

As The World Turns

Rose Takes Over Lily's Life/The Endicott Awards

Rose's Murder

Jenn/Gwen Baby Switch

Another World

Steven's Paternity

Who Shot Jake?

Kathleen/Cass/Cecile

Kathleen/Cass/Frankie

Donna & Matt's May/December Romance

• Members

Wow - this could totally be my list! (Except the Jen/Gwen baby switch. I don't know why, but I never bought it. The acting was incredible, but maybe because it came so soon on the heels of the Babe/Bianca/Kelly baby switch on ABC, and I was just baby-switched-out.)

• Members

I love that storyline because it was completely mapped out, fully realized, and connected so many characters on the canvas. It was a huge umbrella storyline. The AMC BabySwitch writers (looking at you McTavish) were owned by ATWT, plain & simple. The only thing it sucked is it began the ruination of Emily, but other than that, I thought it was a gold mine.

• Members

OLTL

-The Bonjour Cafe hostage situation

-Live Week! Blair learns the truth about her baby.

-Asa's funeral (The one under Tomlin/Whitesell/Broderick to be exact)

-Todd's execution

-Marty learns that Todd is her rapist

GL

-Holly and Blake learn of Roger Thorpe's death

-GL's 70th Anniversary episode

-Annie goes to Cross Creek and destroys the Josh and Reva engraving on the fireplace (There are a few others from that story, but this one stands out to me the most)

-The scenes surrounding Maureen's death. (Maureen confronts Ed. / The affect it has on her family and friends.) Roger visits her grave.)

-Roger chases Rita Stapleton through the hall of mirrors.

Another World

-The final episode (I'd never watched an entire episode of the show until it's final days)

• Members

I'm surprised this thread got as little attention as it did. I guess people are tired of discussing the same old subjects.

Also, I forgot to do OLTL.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Marty's Rape/Todd & Powell's Trial

Max's Brain Tumor and Pretending to be Asa & Renee's son

• Members

ATWT

Lily isn't Lucinda's daughter but Iva Snyder's.

Neal is murdered and Royce Keller is revealed to be the killer

The Carolyn Crawford Murder Mystery....Yes it has some weak moments but had some great stuff too.

Connor Walsh is related to Lucinda and takes over her company.

Margo takes Casey off life support

Paul sees James shoking Emily and fires the gun at James. Paul is charged with James murder. At the trial it is revealed that Emily and Paul are lovers.

• Members

He was actually charged with mail fraud which I always thought sounded funny. Just...mail fraud. I hear that and think he opened Jack's mail by accident.

I remember thinking it was rather rushed. How long did it last?

Archived